Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia6230i. Trying to turn it on without a sim card

Options
  • 30-03-2010 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

Hi
    trying to turn on my old 6230i so my kid can mess around with it. He's just over a year old but loves playing with the phone. I was hoping to set it up for him so that I can take videos of him on it to play back to him for a laugh.

Problem is, it won't seem to do anything without a sim card in it. I can turn it on, but can't get to any menus. I haven't used this phone in a few years, but I think it had an offline profile, so if it had that then surely it should work without a sim.

Does anyone know how to get the phone working without having to put a sim in it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Whichever network it is, go into a phone shop and ask them for a blank sim you can stick into it.They don't cost anything.

Advertisement