Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm finally getting rid of Eircom.. but....

• 30-03-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,200 ✭✭✭✭

.... who do i switch to?

Basically i want Unlimited Broadband at a decent speed.

Had a look at Imagine WiMax and they have a bundle with calls and a 3mb Unlimited connection for €35 or 7mb for €40.

Looks good to me, but i've heard a couple of bad stories about Imagine. Should i listen? Anyone got experiences with them?

Anybody other good packages out there? Recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i too am droping eircom for upc 30mb

eircom's 3mb costs the same as upc's 30mb

lol eircom seriously need to address the difference in speeds as they offered the slowest speeds for the amount they ask for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Imagine Wimax is not really broadband though, more a replacement for something like Ripwave. Lots of complaints in the mega thread in the Midband forum. I wouldn't consider it, other than a last resort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,200 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

jor el wrote: »
    Imagine Wimax is not really broadband though, more a replacement for something like Ripwave. Lots of complaints in the mega thread in the Midband forum. I wouldn't consider it, other than a last resort.

Cheers for the response

So could you explain how it differs from Broadband? I have no idea what "Ripwave" is :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Also in the same boat looking to get a better deal than i am at eircom 65 euro for 3mb broadband is ridiculous. Had to leave digiweb due to lost coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Cheers for the response

So could you explain how it differs from Broadband? I have no idea what "Ripwave" is :(

Ripwave, mobile Wimax, 3G, Satellite are all forms of better than dial-up Internet access, but not quite broadband. Look in the Midband forum, and in the Imagine Wimax thread for more info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Anybody other good packages out there? Recommendations?

NTL/UPC, terrible customer service but sure they don't all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

whats available in your area???

Yeah i wouldn be a fan of trying Wimax.. Im not a fan of any wireless provider(as i used to work for one)

I can recommend UPC.. been with then for about 4 years now.. started out on their 1mb and has been increased to their 10mb over the years.. Think i have only called them twice regarding issues.. Speed is always around 9.5 - 9.8..

Cant actually recommend them enough!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

In the same boat, have the option of Smart or Magnet, but i cant find any info on magnets upload speeds. Any ideas?

Advertisement