Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 CD Burning issue

• 30-03-2010 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Have a Dell XPS M1530 with a DVD Rewriter. Have been using Windows Vista up until last month to burn audio cd's until I recently installed Windows 7 64 bit.

I have used iTunes, WMP 12, CDBurnerXP to try and burn audio cd's but I keep getting problems.

I can burn an audio cd with 3-4 songs fine - and it plays in the CD player and the Car CD player. When I try and burn an audio cd with say 10-15 songs, it takes time to burn as usual but gives a load error when I try and play it in any other CD player. Sometimes windows media player 12 will recognise the tracks on these cd's, sometimes it won't.

I've got drivers for my rewriter and it reads discs fine. What I've done so far:

Checked for updated drivers
    Checked the recording tab on right clicking the drive in my computer
    Tried different software
    Disabled any virtual drive software
    Tried different discs
    Tried burning at slow speeds instead of maximum drive speed

Could it be a 64 bit issue? My vista install was 32 bit.. These are all standard non-drm mp3 tracks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I used to go nuts when I compiled a CD with CDBurnerXP and then it wouldn't even prepare the files for burning! I can't remember the error for the life of me, but the resolution was to download a file bass.dll and replace it in the programs directory. Problem was, this kept happening!

I've since moved to ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com/). It's a tad more convoluted where burning a music cd is concerned, but it does the trick!

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=5555

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I don't get any error messages with any of the programs, the cd burns as it normally would but just won't play most of the time in a cd player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

funkyflea wrote: »
    I don't get any error messages with any of the programs, the cd burns as it normally would but just won't play most of the time in a cd player.

Odd! Would it be the media? Did you try that ImgBurn program? (PS: I'm not employed by ImgBurn.....I don't get moneys for mentioning ImgBurn every ImgBurn, ImgBurn! :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Did you finalise the CD's ?

I'd suspect the CD media otherwise, try a different brand of CD's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

The thing is, I used these same cds from the same spindle with Vista and they didn't burn when I upgraded (clean install) of win 7 64 bit. I'll try some other brand later on anyway just to check. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement