Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TLL Beers --April

• 30-03-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

Well I have been hinted at several times to wack this up!

All TLL posters welcome! ..... except Fago! :p

Once people show interest, we can work around dates and venues.

All suggestions welcome (esp those that involves good drinks offers) and what not--

I put the motion out to the floor...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

COPPERS
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

COPPERS
    :D

Dammit woman!! you and coppers :)

Ah no seriously though Im free any weekend in April :D

oki doki-
    hopefully it will be on a Sat :)

where has deals on drinks?

TGIs- cocktails 5e, pints 4e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

If it's going to be in April, then why not just do some sort of joint night out with the AH crowd on the 17th? (I think that's when they're having it!)

• Advertisement

GOOD IDEA :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

If it's going to be in April, then why not just do some sort of joint night out with the AH crowd on the 17th? (I think that's when they're having it!)

Jaysus, you are a genius!!!! A GENIUS I SAY!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Good idea, although that "girls night dancing" thread is stickied at the top of this forum, so what'll be the story there?
    The AH meet up will be a mixed crowd, rather than just women.

Good idea, although that "girls night dancing" thread is stickied at the top of this forum, so what'll be the story there?
    The AH meet up will be a mixed crowd, rather than just women.

Nobody seems to comment on my thread anymore??

Maybe get them to go to and then skoot off dancing afterwards :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Joint night makes the most sense really !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Personally I'd prefer to see a TLL beers postponed than to go to a joint AH/TLL beers

I've been hoping to get more involved in the social side of TLL for a couple of months but to me, this is just not something I'd be interested in.

Can't it be postponed for a couple of weeks and if people want to they can go to the AH beers anyway?

well it can be joint and then another one can be arranged if people want to do that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

nouggatti wrote: »
    Personally I'd prefer to see a TLL beers postponed than to go to a joint AH/TLL beers

I've been hoping to get more involved in the social side of TLL for a couple of months but to me, this is just not something I'd be interested in.

Can't it be postponed for a couple of weeks and if people want to they can go to the AH beers anyway?
    Misticles wrote: »
    well it can be joint and then another one can be arranged if people want to do that...

Objectively speaking, nouggatti's post makes way more sense.

Some women obviously find the idea of going to a supposed TLL beers with lotsa men a little counter-intuitive and I'd have to agree (especially given February's charade of a beers).

Surely the way forward is to make more women in TLL more comfortable with the idea of going to beers and not saying "Well screw that, there'd be more people if we went to a pre-existing beers and somehow saw fit to label it as a joint venture"?

As nouggatti has pointed out, the AH beers will be there in it's own right. You have suggested a TLL beers. Why would your proposed TLL beers need to hitch it's wagon to the AH star in order to be a success? Why should joining the AH beers (and running the risk of alienating new, friendly faces) take precedence over having a separate TLL Beers and allowing people there choice to go to one, the other, or both. Surely two beers are better than one (in every deviation)?!

It wasnt me who suggested it! I merely said it was a good idea.

It was pointed out that it could be done as they would both be happening in April!

It can be "joint" persay, - as in people who want to attend both can do! But not joint as in there wont be another one arranged here.

There will be another one that people can attend if they do not want to attend AH also.

As I said in the original post- all suggestions welcome!

That is merely what people are doing- suggesting not forcing the idea upon others!

I posted in AH, saying would they mind a few taggling along from here as I am aware that it will not be everyones cup of tea!

Also, alot of people in TLL will know people going to the AH one- maybe they would feel more comfortable around more people that they know.
    "New friendly faces" dont have to go a combined one, as for them being alienated- would ya get away outta that!! People alienated at a boards beers?? never!

As for it needing to "hitched" to AH for a success- again a suggestion!

None of this is written in stone ya know!

all open for discussion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

nouggatti wrote: »

I was browsing though AH and saw something about a joint beers and though "huh, that could be interesting". Then, scrolling through another thread I saw something about "Definition of a Bitch: 99.999% women". And that's when I remembered why I generally stick to posting in TLL and Politics.

I'm not so sure I'd be interested in a joint beers either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

It wasnt me who suggested it! I merely said it was a good idea.

It was pointed out that it could be done as they would both be happening in April!

It can be "joint" persay, - as in people who want to attend both can do! But not joint as in there wont be another one arranged here.

There will be another one that people can attend if they do not want to attend AH also.

As I said in the original post- all suggestions welcome!

That is merely what people are doing- suggesting not forcing the idea upon others!

I posted in AH, saying would they mind a few taggling along from here as I am aware that it will not be everyones cup of tea!

Also, alot of people in TLL will know people going to the AH one- maybe they would feel more comfortable around more people that they know.
    "New friendly faces" dont have to go a combined one, as for them being alienated- would ya get away outta that!! People alienated at a boards beers?? never!

As for it needing to "hitched" to AH for a success- again a suggestion!

None of this is written in stone ya know!

all open for discussion

What you're talking about is a couple of people who happen to post in TLL going to the AH beers. What I'm saying is, although that's all well and good, labelling it a "joint AH/TLL" venture is dangerous (and unnecessary) when it comes to making new/unfamiliar faces feel welcome. The point of this forum is to provide a safe and comfortable place for women to chat etc. TLL beers should be organised with that as a priority and, as has already been stated by a member of this forum (and I'm sure there are others feeling the same yet remaining quiet), a joint AH/TLL beers is not conducive to that end. Pushing the point is alienating.

If you truly believe no one's ever felt alienated at a beers (or on boards itself, say in a discussion like this one), you should probably actually stop and take a look around once in a while.

I am not getting into this with you as you are taking one remark well out of context!

However, I can see your point and for someone else labelling it to be joint may have been silly on their part, can we leave it at whoever from TLL that wants to go- GO

People who wish to go to a TLL beers full stop- talk about dates and venues here.

Just quit talking about this whole "joint" issue otherwise there will be no beers input just pages of us ranting :D

Ok so nobody has said we are having a joint beers, someone just suggested it!!

Its gonna be in April and someone said oh lets join with the AH crowd! Misticles only said it could be good!

Ok we can have a LL beers so :D

Any ideas on a date??

Lets just put it this way. AH beers is coming up in April and I'm sure TLL members will be going and all that jazz as with other forum members. A TLL beers can then be arranged afterwards for members who want to just attent a TLL beers.

Two seperate beers, no alienating new TLL members. Sorted !

• Advertisement

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Lets just put it this way. AH beers is coming up in April and I'm sure TLL members will be going and all that jazz as with other forum members. A TLL beers can then be arranged afterwards for members who want to just attent a TLL beers.

Yes..... Good stuff....

Fago! wrote: »
    Yes..... Good stuff....

Thanks, I try.

Nobody is/was trying to alienate new or existing TLL members, someone suggested a joint beers! People liked the idea others didnt - nobody needs to get on a big high horse and go mad!! It was just a suggestion that people have decided against!!

No harm done now can we pick a date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ERR!

Nobody is/was trying to alienate new or existing TLL members, someone suggested a joint beers! People liked the idea others didnt - nobody needs to get on a big high horse and go mad!! It was just a suggestion that people have decided against!!

waaoooooooooo what did i miss out on???:P

The week after AH beers... Saturday 24th?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Any week except the 17th as Im in Leeds. Dont wanna miss another night out :(

Sorry, alienating was the wrong word to use I suppose. I meant putting new members in an uncomfortable situation with a joint AH/TLL beers when they may only want to attend a TLL only beers.

Aye, indeed. Lets pick a date !

Any ideas on a date??
    People who wish to go to a TLL beers full stop- talk about dates and venues here.
    Aye, indeed. Lets pick a date !
    Daisies wrote: »
    Any week except the 17th as Im in Leeds. Dont wanna miss another night out :(

*Cough*
    Fago! wrote: »
    The week after AH beers... Saturday 24th?

Poll !

• Advertisement
Advertisement