Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom security key/phrase?

• 30-03-2010 10:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I got eircom today and went about getting the wep key,i tried to change it for some reason and now i cant connect to it..i wrote down the new security key and it wont work either will the old security key..i entered a new pass phrase and it wont let me connect using that..head is wrecked :confused:

help much appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Should be a reset hole on the back of the modem, press it with a pin or the likes.

Should restore the modem back to original eircom key

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

thanks for the quick replys ;) reset worked a treat..was sweating for a min thinking ill be usin this 3g for ever haha

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

I would recommend that you attempt to change your key from the default again, as eircom keys are publicly available. If it goes wrong, simply reset it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

WEP is also crap. Change to WPA2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement