Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your plans for the Summer?

Options
  • 30-03-2010 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭

So whats everybody up to this summer?
    Any trips abroad,taking up any new hobbies or just same old-same old.

Decided this year that i wasn't going to have a boring summer like i did last year. Heading to Paris in may with my father for the Heineken cup and then doing a nice little trip across Europe for two weeks. Doing Munich-Salzburg-Vienna-Budapest solo and can't bloody wait for it. Going to buy myself an acoustic guitar and get back into playing as much as i used when i was younger.

In general just going to try and get out and about more and actually feel like it wasn't. such a waste

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

So whats everybody up to this summer?
    Any trips abroad,taking up any new hobbies or just same old-same old.

Decided this year that i wasn't going to have a boring summer like i did last year. Heading to Paris in may with my father for the Heineken cup and then doing a nice little trip across Europe for two weeks. Doing Munich-Salzburg-Vienna-Budapest solo and can't bloody wait for it. Going to buy myself an acoustic guitar and get back into playing as much as i used when i was younger.

In general just going to try and get out and about more and actually feel like it wasn't. such a waste

I think it's just gonna be work, work, work for me =(

Doing Munich-Salzburg-Vienna-Budapest solo

On your own ? Fair play, that would depress the arse off me though.

I don't have anything interesting planned, need to do some boring stuff in an old house, have bought an old estate car to assist with that. Operation lose weight is my primary aim, have gone jogging 3 times in last 10 days and plan to go tomorrow along with 2 gym visits a week.

Summer will come and go for me without much event :eek:
    I'm a bit weird though in so far as I like and enjoy most days, some bits of them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Wow a solo euro trip, I don't think I could do that cause I'd drive myself mad by thinking too much but loads of people do that! Hope you've a ball, know you will!

I'm also doing the guitar thing. Used play all the time when I was younger too and I really want to get back into it again. Unfortunately, what I think is the nicest guitar I've ever heard now has a warped neck so it doesn't sound as amazing anymore. It had perfect action, perfect tone and it was my first. Love it! Also planning on getting a Ukelele! Defo want to try and hit that!

I'm doing a trip to Budapest myself! My friend is from Hungary so we're going back with her for a week so she can show us around! Can't wait, should be perfect. :)

Best of luck with the weight loss aim RJ! I would love to get back into fitness but since I moved to the city I have gotten so lazy.. Used go running before work with my dog, used play sports and do Yoga.. Nothing now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Nice thread btw. :)

NoDice wrote: »

Best of luck with the weight loss aim RJ! I would love to get back into fitness but since I moved to the city I have gotten so lazy.. Used go running before work with my dog, used play sports and do Yoga.. Nothing now!!

cheers :) I was 16 and a half stone this time last year, got down to 14 and a half stone by late September but then I didn;t run as much, the winter was unreal wet and cold as ye know, Christmas came (yum yum), had a chest infection for 3 weeks and a cnut of a wisdom tooth annoying me so back up to 15 and a half stone by end of Feb. Still can jog 5 miles now without feeling like dieing whereas this time last year I was dead after a mile so I hope to lose it fairly quickly, certainly a stone before end of May comes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement