Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flashget problem?

• 30-03-2010 11:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

Ok my friend recently got Eircom's new 24mb product and we installed it this evening. As he lives close to the exchange he actually gets the full 24mb speed.

This evening we tried downloading a few things to check for consistency and and when we downloaded Ubuntu from heanet (super fast server) on firefox it gave the 24mb speed no problem, however when we tried downloading unbuntu from heanet again of flashget the speeds were all over the place and varied from as low as 800megs to the full 24megabits. We also tried Rapidshare premium and it was a similar story of high speed on firefox and variable on flashget!

Have any others had problems with Flashget and high speeds? The fastest I ever used flashget with was 15mb and it worked fine and consistent. My friend is on the older version of flashget.

Anyone have any ideas, Flashget is very easy to use and is there an alternative to flashget which works as good but more importantly with the higher speeds?

Advertisement