Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

always havin nightmares

Options
  • 30-03-2010 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

anyone always have nightmares? i have them at least once a week. i wish i could stop them as some times when i wake up i feel awful for a while.any tips on how to avoid them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

No tips but I'd guess they are like dreams in that they ccan be interpreted to a certain extent. If you can get to the bottom of them, you could probably attack the sourse of them.

Dreams are your body's way of dealing with things that happen in real life, I suppose nightmares are your subconscious' way of warning you of danger (?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I get them alot. As I said in another thread though. I suffer from depression and panic attacks. Nearly always nightmares about my grandfather dying even though he is already dead. Thats when I got bad. The more you think about not having one the more you do. Easier said than done to not think about it before you sleep. Horrible circle really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

don't eat before bed, especially cheese

don't eat before bed, especially cheese

Myth

*looking for citation....

edit:

just google - cheese nightmares myth

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mayoman ngalway

hello guys,
    this is probably not the place, but what if you don't dream, or can't remember them.
    I know I can't remember mine, but I do get dajuve a lot.

can anyone shed any light on this?

cheers

• Advertisement

hello guys,
    this is probably not the place, but what if you don't dream, or can't remember them.

cheers
    to be honest. I think its just dejavu is all.
    If you think about anything enough you are going to get dejavu. I could be wrong. Hope your not worrying about it.

hello guys,

cheers

You normally start a new thread or search the forum for similar existing threads before you post. Just so you know

From what I've read you have to try to remember your dreams. Have a note pad and pen by your bed and write down what you can as soon as you wake up. The key here is effort. It might not work for a few days or a week but after a while you'll be able to remember things and the more you do it the more you'll remember.

Good Luck

seanybiker wrote: »
    to be honest. I think its just dejavu is all.
    If you think about anything enough you are going to get dejavu. I could be wrong. Hope your not worrying about it.

thanks I'm not.
    but I am also not think about getting it. it's just something will happen, and I get this feeling- hard to describe it.

you know?

Nulty wrote: »
    You normally start a new thread or search the forum for similar existing threads before you post. Just so you know

From what I've read you have to try to remember your dreams. Have a note pad and pen by your bed and write down what you can as soon as you wake up. The key here is effort. It might not work for a few days or a week but after a while you'll be able to remember things and the more you do it the more you'll remember.

Good Luck

first I'm new to this, so don't no how it really works.

second thank you and I'll try it

cheers.

thanks I'm not.
    but I am also not think about getting it. it's just something will happen, and I get this feeling- hard to describe it.

you know?

i know exactly what you mean. But not thinking about something is still thinking. If wc know what i mean. Sub conscious.

• Advertisement
Advertisement