Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Public Transport Clifden - Dublin

• 30-03-2010 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I'm trying to find a way to get from Clifden to Dublin by public transport on a Friday after 7pm. I probably wouldn't be able to get on a bus until 7.30pm in Clifden but the buses seem to end much earlier. My other option would be to drive to Galway and then get a bus/train from there, but even so I don't know Galway and have no idea where I could leave my car for the entire weekend? The firms I have looked at include Gobus, Bus Eireann, and Citylink as well as the train. Do the buses tend to be very busy on a Friday evening going to Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Realistically, after 1900 you are only really going to see transport in or between large population centres.
    The firms I have looked at include Gobus, Bus Eireann, and Citylink as well as the train. Do the buses tend to be very busy on a Friday evening going to Dublin?
    I imagine not - the dominant flow will be in the other direction. However, this is the Easter Weekend and who knows.

I imagine there are car parks with day rates in Galway, although if you park away from the city centre, you are likely to find some free parking - however, check the signage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Lormcd

I would think you could go from Clifden to Galway and then Galway to Dublin? Would probably work out cheapest with the special offers with City Link for both routes

Advertisement