Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complicated/No information

Options
  • 30-03-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hey,
    Basically the situation is this :
    My father who I have no contact with had another child with a woman other than my mother six years before I was born. They went to London and had the child there and put him up for adoption.

I'd like to try and trace my older half-brother but I have basically no information to go on other than our fathers name, the birth date and the sex of the baby. I've gone through some registries online to no avail.

I may never be able to trace him, but I also wonder if I should try. My brother would be hitting thirty this year and I feel tht if he wanted to trace his birth family he may have already tried and met out father and got scared off. Or that he may not want any contact with his birth family. I also worry that if I did trace he would want to meet his father, and I don't think it would be right to inflict that on him if he didn't already want it.

I'm not articulating things well and I'm really confused. Basically I found out I had a half brother when I was 8 and my dad always said when I turned 18 we'd go find him, but my father is not, and will not be in my life anymore. I can't even ask someone to get the information off him.

Partially I think I just wanted to get this off my chest. Any advice would be welcome.

Advertisement