If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

42" Plasma, VHF,DTT,Freesat Tuner

Options
  • 30-03-2010 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

Guys does this have an MPEG4 DTT Tuner for Irish DTT?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Are there any TV's like this that will work in Ireland? 42" Plasma, VHF (Analogue), DTT MPEG4, Freesat?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

The Panasonic G10B is receiving analogue,DTV and Freesat.Lately TV3 has gone to a test channel page but RTE1,RTE2 and TG4 are still there.

Would that be like this one? PANASONIC VIERA TXP42G10 http://www.richersounds.com/product/plasma-tv/panasonic/viera-txp42g10/pana-txp42g10b

Whats the stock on this like can it be delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

Would that be like this one? PANASONIC VIERA TXP42G10 http://www.richersounds.com/product/plasma-tv/panasonic/viera-txp42g10/pana-txp42g10b

Yes,the same,only in 50".

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Kenny Powers,

I've merged your threads to keep your queries in the same place.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

The Ritz wrote: »
    Kenny Powers,

I've merged your threads to keep your queries in the same place.

Thanks,

Ritz.

Guys yes the G20 does have freesat and MPEG4 - however as with the previous generation Pana UK models - until Pana or their agents issue us with a letter agreeing that it will receive IRISH MPEG 4 on an ongoing basis into the future we will only do them on an in-store only basis - hopefully this will be sorted asap!

Keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

Hi Kenny,

I have 2 panasonic freesat TVs, TX-37LZD81 and TX-P50V10 and they both receive the DTT plus freesat channels ...

During the RTE DTT testing a few months ago, there was an issue with the Panasonic TVs tuning in the DTT channels after RTE changed a specific advanced Codec parameter ... More info on this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055542668

I think that is the reason that Richer will not deliver these TVs to ROI, John has already stated that above ...

Panasonic Support in the UK were less that helpful and refused to acknowledge that there was an issue with their TVs ...

As long as RTE leave the parameters as they are, they will work ...

If RTE revert to the previous parameter, Pansonics will not retune to the DTT channels, however previously tuned Panasonics will still receive them ...

Hope that makes sense,

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks for the info Bob

Thanks for the info Bob

Bob +1 ;)

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Guys yes the G20 does have freesat and MPEG4 - however as with the previous generation Pana UK models - until Pana or their agents issue us with a letter agreeing that it will receive IRISH MPEG 4 on an ongoing basis into the future we will only do them on an in-store only basis - hopefully this will be sorted asap!

Keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Any sign of the above-mentioned letter?

• Advertisement

peking97 wrote: »
    Any sign of the above-mentioned letter?

Not yet - still working on it!

I'll keep you posted,

ATB,

John Mc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.