Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B.Y.O. restaurants Dublin

Options
  • 31-03-2010 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Hi
    anybody know of any good byo restaurants and what corkage they charge?

I know of Keshk cafe on leeson st and rotana cafe on south richmond street, don't think they charge corkage.

Haven't tried them yet, anybody been? or any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

There's an Inidan in Donnybrook (Khans I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

There's an Inidan in Donnybrook (Khans I think).

I was just about to post that one. I've never been but I've heard it's a nice spot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

No corkage at Monto on Sundrive Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ihaveanopinion

You'd be surprised where is doing it now. A lot of the restaurents are hurting - so you can even negotiate corkage.

I know of someone who brought their own wine to Pearl Brasserie and was able to get them to bring down their corkage price.

Worth ringing up a restuarant and asking

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

I thought it would be a good idea to have a list of byo friendly (for the times that are in it) anyway I've always hated paying the mad mark up most places charge for a bottle of plonk.

Have been to Monto's for lunch (didn't bring a bottle) they do great home made desserts....... mmmmm bonoffi!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

carolmon wrote: »
    I thought it would be a good idea to have a list of byo friendly
    This just posted to Beer, Wine & Spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

carolmon wrote: »
    Hi
    anybody know of any good byo restaurants and what corkage they charge?

I know of Keshk cafe on leeson st and rotana cafe on south richmond street, don't think they charge corkage.

Haven't tried them yet, anybody been? or any recommendations?

I've been to Keshk, no corkage charge, food tasty indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I've also heard good things about Keshk but haven't tried it myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I was just about to post that one. I've never been but I've heard it's a nice spot.

It's a nice spot okay. the grub is good and well-priced. The staff are mostly good but I have seen the odd bit of frustration being vented on the patrons... but over-all, I can recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

good to see there's a new website for byo, i found this link, not sure how old it is but worth a look

http://www.wine-pages.com/food/byob-list-2.shtml#ireland

• Advertisement
Advertisement