Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tow Jeep Toyota Rav 4

Options
  • 31-03-2010 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Any good?

1994 2ltr, would it be any good for towing.
    Would need to add a towbar to it if i was gonna buy it.

Only nearest 1 i could find near me but i can wait for bigger jeep ideal would be pajero at least 2.5lt fro cost of tax no higher.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I have been driving a rav 4 '97 2lt petrol for years. It owes me nothing yet never gives up and it pulls and reverses a box far better than my friends bmw x3! Not too harse on petrol either. Any faults its had over the years have been minor - new battery / tires / new clutch the mechanic has said the engine is in amazing condition for the age of it.

I would not go pulling two big horses with it though as I have been told thats going to put you over the weight limit for. I usually pull one horse about 16.2 or I pull two ponies or just one 14.2.

If your going to get one you would pick one up at a great price at the auctions thats where I got mine. Rather than investing in a 94 which is pretty old why not see what the younger models are going for? I have heard that some are going for great money at the moment. Look at merlin car auctions or Naas road car auctions I have gotten all my cars / jeeps from auctions saved a fortune over the years.

My next jeep will be another Toyota as I have just found them brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

I wouldnt personally. They're not up to towing a horsebox with two animals. Towing specs for the car are 1500 kg or thereabouts. A pajero would be much better. They can tow 2500kg.

You can look up the specs of any potential car on parkers.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

I am more familiar with Pajero as that what my dad have for our horsebox but its manual and my licence is automatic :( pity its wasnt automatic we could have share between car and jeep.

I think I just have to be more patience and hope that a pajero auto with disel tuen up locally. :o

I am aware that jap import are much better designed and longer lasting etc.

So i will keep an eye out for Jap import version of the pajero

The toyota rav i found was a 94.
    i was advised to look for 00 if possible as 94 is just too old even though it look in great condition.
    i would only be towing one pony cob 13.2 for hacks/hunt.
    We do have ISHs 15-16.2hh but I wouldnt have a reason to be towing them as i dont ride horses.

Advertisement