Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flickering lights, have you noticed it this evening?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Bonito wrote: »
    So is k-yawven. :pac:

mines back now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

My mate Deco claims it's all the doings of CERN.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

happening in killllesterrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Anseo!

Ehh I mean, yeah flickering like crazy here in Dublin 24!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

strobe wrote: »
    Anseo!

Ehh I mean, yeah flickering like crazy here in Dublin 24!

lol,apt name for the situation :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

North Co. Wicklow here, and yes, I've noticed it happening all evening... First sign of the UFO Invasion perhaps??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Lights have been flickering and the power went earlier for a short time.
    It is a storm, to be fair.

In D24.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I thought that was just me blinking earlier on... In D7!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Seems as though the entire country is haunted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

Plenty of flikkering going on here in Amsterdam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    Plenty of flikkering going on here in Amsterdam.

At this time of the morning?:eek:

baz2009 wrote: »
    At this time of the morning?:eek:

Flikkers are not bound by the constraints of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

It wasnt just the power. My phone and the radio in the automobile were on the blink all day.

The power went during the match last night :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Ahh sure the country is fooked... The govt are not paying the esb.... last one out turn out the lights....:D

fyi lights are flickering in duleek but then again they are a novalty in duleek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

All the electricity flickered three times last night, teles, laptop chargers, lights etc.

I wonder if it's anything to do with those weird Alien craft I spotted, while out walking the dog last night?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yep, it was happening in West Galway city yesterday. It wasn't massively windy here either.

I wonder if it has anything to do with that massive eff-off solar flare from a couple of weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Bonito, I think your friend in keyaaavan has an overactive exaggeration gland. Snowing since 7 on Sunday, yes, 5 feet of snow? Eh, no.

Flickering all evening, and the electrickery was missing for about 3 hours, between 5 and 8.

Stupid house needs electric for everything. Oven, kettle, fireplace, even the gas central heating needs it. Was ruddy cold for a bit. And hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Lucan here. Lights flickered all night. I thought it was my eyes for a while. It eventually drove me to bed and even there I couldn't do my puzzle in peace.

At least I'm glad it's not my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Thaedydal wrote: »
    The lights have been flickering all fecking evening, happened while out in town in a few different places and has been happening at home. I've mentioned it to a few people and they have noticed it as well.

So has it been happening where you are?

Yep Lights just outside the apartment and have being flickering for the last 2 nights!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Lights are ok here in Limerick but i'll keep an eye out for it now that its mentioned

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Now, for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Senna wrote: »
    flickering all evening here in Donegal.

yep, flickering all evening yesterday, had the candles ready

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    I wonder if it's anything to do with those weird Alien craft I spotted, while out walking the dog last night?

Maybe its those weird alien wizards that turns all celebrities into sex addicts coming back to work their magic Grainne, Sharon and Twink!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭positron

Ah, finally!!!

I knew it flickered a few times last night - I noticed it, and asked the other half if she saw it too - and shes' like "what flicker?". I was starting to wonder if I have some strange condition where my eyelids closing/twitching involuntarily, and I was starting to get worried about it..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

yeah it was happening for a while from about 8pm onwards, became really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭oneweb

I thought the desk lamp was about to blow a bulb, it was flickering for ages and quite frequently around midnight last night in D1.

Not good for electronics at all at all (brownouts) :(

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I noticed my lights flickering the odd time last night and this morning too and I live in an apartment block in Dublin. I thought it was perhaps my lights in the living room but I noticed the same thing in the bedroom and bathroom.

I think it's pretty normal in stormy weather. I just wish the weather would get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

Was flickering all evening (from about 7:30pm) here in Rathmines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

This is so wierd this was happening in my house all day yesterday :confused:

Advertisement