Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Stores in Ireland

Options
  • 31-03-2010 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Simple enquiry here.I'd like to know what is considered to be the largest/most well stocked Golf store in the country.I know there's a few good Halpenny stores around and there's always McGuirks, but I'd imagine there's another few around that aren't so well advertised?Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

In cork there is American Golf, Nevada Bobs and Mahers

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

Focus golf in Newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭zztop

Declan Cunningham Golf style in Galway.A Legend.
    Youll hear him before ya see him.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Irishvillian

The Golf Bag in Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Jasonw

there's an american golf in cork?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's P&M Golf in Ennis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Jasonw wrote: »
    there's an american golf in cork?

Ya, I think they are in the old Golfworks building in Wilton. Haven't been in, but I heard they are there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

Planet Golf in Portlaoise is a big place but still woudn't be half the size of Mcguirks in Blanchardstown but the staff are more helpful in Portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

Nevada Bobs and American Golf in Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

halpenny golf just off grafton street
    elverys suffolk street
    arnotts

• Advertisement

Golf is for men wh love sdick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

conno16 wrote: »
    halpenny golf just off grafton street
    elverys suffolk street
    arnotts

You cannot be serious ????? :confused:

None even in the same league as McGuirks Blanchardstown

Similarly Nevada Bobs in Belfast Stockdam. Its OK but quite small. Clothing selection wouldnt be a fifth of McGuirks Leopardstown or Blanch, Halpenny in Drogheda, or Golf Style in Galway.

A lot of odd suggestions here which are in no way contenders for largest and best stocked.

McGuirks Blanch wins hands down as far as I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Golf is for men wh love sdick.

.............?

arnotts have a load of stuff now
    equipment and clothing
    best by a country mile in the north city

conno16 wrote: »
    arnotts have a load of stuff now
    equipment and clothing
    best by a country mile in the north city

is it that time of year,

where is this north city you speak of............??

soundsham wrote: »
    is it that time of year,

were is this north city you speak of............??

is that a question?

yes,
    thanks just edited.....

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

Thanks for replies lads.Blanchardstown sounds like the place so.I'll probably check out the place in Galway too if I can find it, cheers.

my advice would be to try blanch, galway, cork and belfast
    all seem to be contenders and its the only way you'll be able to reach an informed decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭stebed

There is a great shop in Killcoole, the village just below Druids Glen. Think it's called pro sport golf. They have decent gear in there and the owner is usually around, also they have a club fitter and pro on site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

The McGuirks in Blanchardstown may well be the biggest golf shop in the country, but its also home to probably the worst customer service and most obnoxious staff of any golf shop (possibly even shop) i've ever been into.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

The McGuirks in Blanchardstown may well be the biggest golf shop in the country, but its also home to probably the worst customer service and most obnoxious staff of any golf shop (possibly even shop) i've ever been into.

Ah that wouldn't really bother me, tend to be fairly ignorant and obnoxious myself :D.

Anyone familiar with this Planet Golf place in Portlaoise?it's the closest to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

The Golf Bag in Drogheda

+ 1
    Always found Ricky to be well clued in golfwise

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Jasonw

I'm not having that. You've obviously never been to the 'pro' shop near douglas in Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭jimjo

+1

Never been in there when there wasn't 5 lads working standing round doing feck all apart from staring at people as they come in... ask for a different loft of a driver or a price of something and you'd swear you pissed on their chips

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

Ah that wouldn't really bother me, tend to be fairly ignorant and obnoxious myself :D.

Anyone familiar with this Planet Golf place in Portlaoise?it's the closest to me.
    Its in Kea lew buisness park up towards the back, not the easiest to find but their prices are fairly comparable to Mcguirks and the lads in there are very helpful. I've no association with the shop other than i like the place by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Agree totally with other posters regarding the lack of consumer service in McGuirks Blanch. It's remarkable that a shop that size has no fitting/hitting bays, any swing analysis stuff, clubmaking (re-shafting etc) facilities. Problem is the assistants might be golf nuts, but not golf professionals in the real sense of the word ... ooh and their prices ....accch sure ya know ...

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Mat the trasher

I was in Birr golf shop just beside the golf club two years ago, I was very surprised at the range and stock levels they had. As good as any of dublin stores storers

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭deko43

Looks like McGuirks have declared war on Halfpenny...McG just about to open in Pavilions in Swords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭REFLINE1

Simple enquiry here.I'd like to know what is considered to be the largest/most well stocked Golf store in the country.I know there's a few good Halpenny stores around and there's always McGuirks, but I'd imagine there's another few around that aren't so well advertised?Thanks.

American Golf in Dundrum is decent,good big store and ive found the staff very helpfull.

Advertisement