Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problems after coming off the pill??

• 31-03-2010 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi everyone,

Just want to know how long it took ye to get a period after coming off the pill???

I was on Mercilon for 4 years and came off it about 8 weeks ago. I haven't had a period since I finished the last packet, and I'm just wondering if this is normal? Can't seem to find any useful information on the net, only for those who are trying to conceive.

I'm really bloated at the moment, but apart from that no other problems that I know of. Is this normal? Kind of worried I might be pregnant, but think I would know by now (8 weeks later) if i were?

Hope one of you might be able to reassure me!

Thanks!

S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Hi Op. We can't give medical advice here but AFAIK your periods are supposed to return to normal immediately after coming off the pill. I'd suggest a pregnancy test and if negative see your doctor. Could be anything, hormonal imbalance etc etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 svdw

Hi, thanks for your reply, I just want other people's experiences as opposed to medical advice...think i'm going to go to the doctor tomorrow..can't sleep thinking about it!

Thanks!

That will give the posters a better insight. Make sure to give your particular pill name etc. I believe there is already a thread for contraception questions in here somewhere though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 svdw

Thanks!

I was on Mercilon by the way!

• Advertisement

svdw wrote: »
    Thanks!

I was on Mercilon by the way!
    Throw your problem in to that thread and I'm sure the lovely ladies will get back to you soon enough. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement