Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Spiderman game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Looks like it could be similar enough in playstyle to Arkham Asylum and I did quite like the look of Steam-punk spidey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I have high hopes for this one, just like Web of Shadows. The Noir universe is an interesting choice. I wonder which other universes they'll use? Spider-Girl would be cool, as would 2099. Those two have the advantage of being visually distinct. In fact, now I really want one of them to be Spider-Girl!

For those who are unaware, Spider-Girl is May Parker, MJ and Pete's daughter in an alternative future. Her series has been cancelled on several occasions, fan demand has brought it back each time. More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Girl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

This game has a strange timeline;

First announced yesterday morning, screenshots and trailer in the afternoon and finally a release date (september 2010) by the evening. Nicely played.

House of M Spidy might be a good choice for an alternate universe but whatever the case I hope they include the Iron Spider outfit with proper controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

The noir spidy bits look like a right big rip off of Arkham Asylum, from the way he sees enemies highighted, to how stealth seems to be a priority, even the way he strings up the guy at about 37 seconds in the video is something you can do in AA. I am undecided wether this is a bad things though, successfully copying AA can result in good gameply.
    As for the other spidy, the graphics remid me of Borderlands a lot, and the gameplay looks clunky at times in the vid (although they have time to smothen it out).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

The first one was pants ! I will pay you to take it off my hands .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Please re-make Spider-Man 2!!! Such a class game. I never played Web of Shadows after the awful SM3. I WoS worth playing? swing mechanics like SM2?

I'll wait for more info on this before getting too excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I really liked web of shadows,dunno about many other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yeah I hope it is similar to Spider-Man 2, hours of fun just swinging around the city.

Doesn't look like it will be free roaming anyway... ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Hopefully this game will be done properly and be the "Arkham Asylum" for Marvel games.

It does have great potential with the idea of the 4 different Spider-Man characters. Already we've seen The Amazing Spiderman & Spider Man Noir (which is a totally new way to play as Spidey and looks cool).

There's so much they could do with the other 2 personas. The Marvel Zombies Spidey could be very cool.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Web of Shadows is pretty good. I love the gameplay, but the plot, voice acting and side missions are poor.

I'd say Marvel Zombies Spidey is likely to be one of the universes in SD. He's striking looking and popular!

• Advertisement
Advertisement