Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False Accusations

Options
  • 30-03-2010 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi, I have an issue with my boss. One day my boss called me in his office and started to read nervously something from the peace of paper which he prepared and printed off. The thing is that everything he read was a total, unreal lie which had never happened to me. In this paper, which looked like a Written warning, he accused me of few things which had never existed. I was in shock and i was really insulted, I asked him for a copy of this false accusations and i asked him to sign it. The thing is that I am afraid that he can just make up few false verbal AND written warnings and very easily get rid of me. I have never seen any peace of Irish legislation which would protect me from false accusations from my employer! This boss also blocks any promotion opportunity which arises for me even though I might be the most hard working employee in our organisation, I have the best record history! My friends keep saying me that my boss is just afraid that I am better the he is (workwise) and I might be a thread to his career. :) What should I do? Am I protected by Employment Law or not really??? Thanx to everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Miranda7

Depending on your length of service you have rights. Employees who have been in this employment for more than one year are protected by the Employment Legislation. If your employer wants to fire you he/she has to have a reason, which is proveable. It seems that he has given you a warning but does your company have a grievance and disciplinary procedure? if not it is unlikely that your employer knows how to go about terminating employment. You should talk to some-one who has some experience in this area. Tell them what you are being accused of and show them the warning if your employer gave it to you. There are procedures which have to be adhered to so get advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Fire?

Orrr...

Take away certain services provided?

Eg- Kettle!

Mwhuhahahahahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The.Russian.one

Thank U Miranda7, I've been working for more than 2 years for the company. I've asked for Anti-bullying policy but have been told company doesn't have one. So I said I will introduce it through theHealth and Safety Authority (HSA),

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Did you get a copy of the letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The.Russian.one

i did get copy of the letter

• Advertisement
Advertisement