Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid, Other M gameplay trailer just out

Options
  • 31-03-2010 8:14am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,609 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I was very uncertain about this one, loving the Snes Super Metroid, GBA titles and the GC/Wii Prime series, but looking at this new trailer I can't wait!
    Looks like a cross between the old and new, and can't see how Nintendo would allow Team Ninja to mess it up, not that Team Ninja have yet to mess something up, their Ninja Gaiden games are the top of the class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrAWYvUG8N8&feature=player_embedded

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I posted this on the Nintendo forum last night. Looks amazing alright....

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I'm not a Metroid fan, but this looks very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'm playing through super at the moment, and will move on to the Prime Trilogy next (if Amazon ever bloody ships them), but still can't make up my mind about this one. I've been longing for a return to the series' 2D roots on a home console for years now, but now that it is around the corner I feel strangely indifferent...
    Oh yeah, I'd say the last bit of the trailer could be considered to be a big dirty spoiler:(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

This is my most anticipated Wii game... Even topping Super Mario Galaxy 2! :D

tman wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I'd say the last bit of the trailer could be considered to be a big dirty spoiler:(

It's simply a rendering of the end of one of the other Metroid games, and is right at the start of Other M

• Advertisement

It's simply a rendering of the end of one of the other Metroid games, and is right at the start of Other M

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    Imagine how awesome it'd be if there was an unlockable remade version of Super on the disc - same old gameplay, just with those jazzed up graphics.

A guy can dream:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

NO. SUPER METROID MUST BE LEFT AS IS UNDER PENALTY OF TORTURE.

in other news, yes other m looks pretty deadly. i might actually have an excuse to play the Wii now

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

2D, going to 3D, going to an FPS? I dunno, I'm scepitcal about it but then again, I never thought a 3D Metroid Prime could work.

I'm just glad that Team Ninja haven't put Samus in a bikini.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That does look a lot less exhausting than the FPS view.

I'm just glad that Team Ninja haven't put Samus in a bikini.
    So far as we have seen so far...

Don't forget before Metroid: Zero Mission introduced the "Zero Suit", back in Super Metroid, when Samus died, you saw her in her undies, and that was Nintendo themselves!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,609 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So far Metroid is the only franchis out there that has yet to have a rubbish entry, Mario has the educational games, and MarioKart 64, Sonic has, well everything is sh1te excepting the Megadrive titles and Zelda is almost there, except for the not so great Zelda 2 on the Nes and the awful games on the CDi back in the day.
    Metroid on the other hand has been consistently great, not sure though if this means Samus is due a fall from grace, lets hope it happens on some lesser console that no one plays, like the PSP!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Looks fantastic. Metroid Prime is one of my favourite games but I think the series lost its lustre with the sequels. Loved Zero Mission and Super Metroid too (Prime got me interested in the 2D versions) so here we have a cross between both Metroid styles and from the makers of Ninja Gaiden - :eek: count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So far Metroid is the only franchis out there that has yet to have a rubbish entry, Mario has the educational games, and MarioKart 64, Sonic has, well everything is sh1te excepting the Megadrive titles and Zelda is almost there, except for the not so great Zelda 2 on the Nes and the awful games on the CDi back in the day.
    Metroid on the other hand has been consistently great, not sure though if this means Samus is due a fall from grace, lets hope it happens on some lesser console that no one plays, like the PSP!

Very true and also it's the only Nintendo franchise that hasn't really been toned down or kiddified since its inception, for example how the art style of Wind Waker gave the first Zelda targeted at a younger audience

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So far Metroid is the only franchis out there that has yet to have a rubbish entry

Metroid Pinball? Metroid Prime Hunters?

Hopefully this (if its actually good and sells well) will give Ninty the kick up the arse it needs to make a 2D outing for the DS

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Metroid Pinball is excellent. Hunters is pretty dire though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hunters was actually a lot of fun in multi-player, even if it did leave you with claws where you once had hands.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd just like to add that this game does indeed look absolutely brilliant. I also heard that they replaced jiggling boobs with gratuitous shots of samus's ass.

Advertisement