Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help needed: insurance for a converted minibus

• 31-03-2010 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,all!
    who can help me?
    I had convert a van - meredes vito 2,2 CDI into 9 seat bus ( both sides and doors are glassed).VRT is paied. now I'm waitng a log
    book and I have problem with insurance be cause they say-"it is modified car" and stop it for me. where? or how can I get insurance? or what is the way to get insurance on similar car? ( step by step) I need car for my familiy(8 people), for private use. hee-elp me please!!! :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Thread moved from motorhomes&campervans for a better chance of response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

paul270161 wrote: »
    Hi,all!
    who can help me?
    I had convert a van - meredes vito 2,2 CDI into 9 seat bus ( both sides and doors are glassed).VRT is paied. now I'm waitng a log
    book and I have problem with insurance be cause they say-"it is modified car" and stop it for me. where? or how can I get insurance? or what is the way to get insurance on similar car? ( step by step) I need car for my familiy(8 people), for private use. hee-elp me please!!! :o

Off topic,

How on earth did you have time to convert a van into a minibus with 6 kids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

There are thousands of Taxi's that started life as commercial vehicles but are converted for passenger use, it's a common practice.
    You will probably need to get an engineers report done, but once that is satisfactory, you shouldn't have a problem. I doubt you'll be able to get online insurance quotes though, this may be one of those cases where a good insurance broker will prove invaluable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 paul270161

Today I have received the logbook but my car is marked as "own goods". I understand, that it is like a commercial transport, like a taxi. Like I, by the previous car Nissan Serena 8 seats was marked "private" and I passed NCT test. Now I understand, that I have to pass the DOE test. Is there any difference in the road tax or are there any different requirements for seats and seat-belts on private or public transport. Is anything else necessary for DOE test except for logbook?
    Can I pass DOE test in the same place where I passed the NCT?
    Who and where do I have to show the engineer report to?:confused:

Advertisement