Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P3 Motor Control/Panel Wireing Phase 2 Exam..

Options
  • 31-03-2010 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hey guys can any of ye tell me if there is any websites dat show the internal wireing of the motor feeding board for phase 2 exam?also in the exam i no there is a single phase socket and a 3phase socket.is there any lighting circuits??..also does any1 no what way the questions r asked in regards to wireing the stop/start run trip lights any help would be soooooooo greetful..
    thanks in advance ross:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Bull76

Sorry don't know the answers to the fas apprenticeship. But try these websites.

http://www.klocknermoeller.com/klockner.moeller/Wiring_Manual_English.pdf

http://www.educypedia.be/electronics/circuitsmotorcontrol.htm

should be of some help to you, or else confuse you further.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

biffo22 wrote: »
    Hey guys can any of ye tell me if there is any websites dat show the internal wireing of the motor feeding board for phase 2 exam?also in the exam i no there is a single phase socket and a 3phase socket.is there any lighting circuits??..also does any1 no what way the questions r asked in regards to wireing the stop/start run trip lights any help would be soooooooo greetful..

No lighting circuits.As far as I remember you won't be asked anything about it,in phase 4 you have to explain how it works but don't think you do in phase 2.The instructor will test it and if it works you go home,if not you've a half hour to find the problem and fix it.

Number one thing to watch out for is making sure you don't wire your neutral for the motor off the RCD neutral bar,number one mistake people make.I should know;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hey guys can any of ye tell me if there is any websites dat show the internal wireing of the motor feeding board for phase 2 exam?

Do you mean the terminations on the motor?

Or the power circuit to the motor from the contactor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

superg wrote: »
    No lighting circuits.As far as I remember you won't be asked anything about it,in phase 4 you have to explain how it works but don't think you do in phase 2.The instructor will test it and if it works you go home,if not you've a half hour to find the problem and fix it.

Number one thing to watch out for is making sure you don't wire your neutral for the motor off the RCD neutral bar,number one mistake people make.I should know;)

so what way do they wire the 1p and 3p sockets

don't they use separate rcds for 1p and 3p?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 biffo22

i was told dere is 2 boards to wire i undertand the wireing of the industrial board..but i dont no how to wire the board which has the contactors and relays so i was just wondering if any of ye had any drawings that ye could post???and also wats is asked in the exam??is it just start stop run and trip lights??

• Advertisement

so 2 boards then

an industrial and a domestic is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

M cebee wrote: »
    so what way do they wire the 1p and 3p sockets

don't they use separate rcds for 1p and 3p?
    M cebee wrote: »
    so 2 boards then

an industrial and a domestic is that it?
    i was told dere is 2 boards to wire i undertand the wireing of the industrial board..but i dont no how to wire the board which has the contactors and relays so i was just wondering if any of ye had any drawings that ye could post???and also wats is asked in the exam??is it just start stop run and trip lights??

There are 2 boards to wire.You wire your main DB which will have in it as M cebee says,2 rcds,one for 3 phase sockets and one for single phase.It will also have a 3 phase motor control MCB which will feed the second board which is the motor control board.

Biffo,Having checked my own stuff It also does have single phase lighting circuits involved and if you are asked anything you'll be asked to explain what happens when you press each button but i don't think you are asked anything in phase 2.

PM me your email address I have some control diagrams i can scan and email you

i see:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭aws

Why dont you just refer to the handouts and notes taken in class? Surely you have been in class when doing the practical motor control?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 biffo22

hey dat would be most greetful its rossy32662@ymail.com
    any note or drawings or diagrams u mite have..thanks in advance..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

how did ya get on in the exam.when i done it last dec there was a lighting circuit in it.had to wire a 500w halogen through a sensor.pretty handy but found the rest oof the exam hard but passed it.thank ****

Advertisement