Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Control Cars

• 31-03-2010 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

RC Cars
    Anybody interesting in of Radio Control Cars in Offlay???

img_6316.jpg 1:10 on-road, max. speed 120km/h
    dscf4107.jpg - under body

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 mika_

Me and a friend of mine got monster trucks. Where abouts are you driving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mnich

Hello
    The proper track for all off-road electric and nitro rc are in Navan and next to Galway. The Navan Club website is Click Here, it is very good track.
    I raced on this track one year ego with my 1:8 Off-road Nitro (Cen Racin - Matrix).
    The Winter Competition are already finished but next few weeks the Summer Competition will start.

Please let me know what kind of fuel do you use for your MT.

I have one MT but electric 1:16 scale - it is for my son :)

pic from Navan
    dscf0696.jpg

Yeah, I had a look at a Navan website some time ago, but it's rather far away, and I would be working most sundays anyway, so in the end of the day I'd end up bashing with the truck somewhere :)
    And I've never run on a track, in fact, I've just finished my first gallon of fuel :) So I'd like to get some more experience in handling, and then to try the track, which in fairness, sounds like a great fun!
    I'm running 20% Optifuel at the moment, would like to try Byrons, but couldn't get my hands on it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mnich

The racing on the track and with few others guys is grate fun. Now personally I'm only race at the track - on-road track in Dublin. It is tarmac track.
    However few weeks ego i meet another guy next to the Harriers in Tullamore, very good tarmac.
    For off-road you can drive almost every single place. It is good fun to meet another people and drive together, even you build very simple track at the green grass.

For your machine you can use the 25% nitro, but you have to keep in eye on the engine temperature, don't overheat the engine, the 120C is max temperature. Also is very good to use the after run oil - after each drive.

mk

I'm using 20% nitro, does the job for me and the temps are within norm.
    Is it a track in St Anne's park you're racing in Dublin? I've heard it's a good one. Would like to try it out some day just for fun :)
    It's a pity that RC wouldn't be a big thing at all around here, therefore it's hard to find somebody to race with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement