Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service Charges & Sinking Funds

Options
  • 31-03-2010 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I've based my thesis around the management of apartment developments and having carried out extensive research I am shocked by all the issues that have emerged. I was hoping to get some input from management agents, management companies and apartment owners on their experiences.

If anyone is interested in having some input (members of the management company, apartment owners etc) on their experiences that they've encountered can you please send me a pm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Have you considered that they're not all bad? I'm an owner/director of our MC and we have a great relationship with our agent. It's all very transparent for those who can be bothered to look. Unfortunately there are always residents who criticise first and research later!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

claire2304 wrote: »
    So far out of the 26 management agents that I have contacted only 2 responded which highlights the lack of transparency that exists.
    You'd be surprised at how filling out a questionaire for some random thesis may not be a priority for a company right now.
    That level of response would be expected in any field and should not be taken as a lack of transparency.
    Don't bias your thesis before even starting it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 claire2304

Apologies, I think I wrote that comment out of context. Originally I intended to ascertain the views from property agents, management companies, apartment owners etc. I am not implying that they are the reason for the lack of transparency in the sector and I fully understand that filling out a questionnaire would not be a key priority for them.

I think there are many contributing factors such as the lack of regulation, the confusion over the different stakeholders roles and the negative media coverage etc. I am certain that there are many developments in which the management structure works efficiently and I would welcome your input for my dissertation to highlight that apartment living can be and is successful in most cases.

Unfortunately it is always the negative issues that are highlighted, very rarely do we hear about the positives relating to apartment living.

Advertisement