Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair price for a 2007 RAV4 Sol ?

• 31-03-2010 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

The missus loves this car and has me on the look out for one. A dealer has given me a call to say he'll have one in stock in the next week. It's a 2 litre petrol 2 wheel drive with Sol spec so has keyless entry, climate control, bluetooth, cruise, etc. It has 23k miles on the clock, mainly city driving by an elderly couple.
    The dealer is talking €18k. There's a huge range of prices on Carzone and I was wondering if people thought this was a fair price. We would be paying either straight cash or cash + trading in a 2001 1.6L Focus Ghia with 80k on the clock. He's talking 2-2.5k for the Focus.
    Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭ktc1

Just an update for anyone who may be interested. The dealer was willing to come down to €16.5k. The missus took it for a test drive and then dismissed it out of hand. It was style over substance in her opinion. Gear shift, clutch, steering and overall handling weren't a patch on her Focus. She's going to try a Kuga at some stage and then wait until she can get a three or four year old model if she likes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Way overpriced at that anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If she doesn't actually need to go off road then maybe she should take a look at the Nissan Qashqai. A bit smaller than the Rav4 but will probably serve the same general purpose. 1.5 dCi is quite good on fuel too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

ktc1 wrote: »
    Just an update for anyone who may be interested. The dealer was willing to come down to €16.5k. The missus took it for a test drive and then dismissed it out of hand. It was style over substance in her opinion. Gear shift, clutch, steering and overall handling weren't a patch on her Focus. She's going to try a Kuga at some stage and then wait until she can get a three or four year old model if she likes it.

You do know you'll be waiting until 2012 / 2013 for a 3 or 4 year old Kuga?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

all those new shape Rav4's are 4WD.

• Advertisement

R.O.R wrote: »
    You do know you'll be waiting until 2012 / 2013 for a 3 or 4 year old Kuga?

Yes I do. There's nothing wrong with her Focus, she just had the RAV4 in the back of her mind for a long time and I saw this well specced one on Carzone so we decided to check it out. Now that the Rav is out of her system she's in no mad rush to change anymore, and neither one of us would buy a new or nearly new car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Congratulations ktc1, it does seem you are married to a woman of good taste!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Was just thinking that they sound like unusually sensible people myself.

Aw shucks guys ........

Advertisement