Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Field of View settings

Options
  • 31-03-2010 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

Was just wondering what FOV people have set in the settings.ini? (and was resolution you play at, as its all relative)

Haven't actually bothered to change it myself and wanted to see what others had theirs set to, and if they find it much better with a wider horizontal FOV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Absolutley, its a must to change the FOV. I think the default is 55 and its far to narrow as most of the screen is takin up by the large gun animation. Leaving very little to see beyond that.

I play at 1920x1200 24" TFT and my FOV is 80.

You can set it as high as 200 but it looks like you playing throught a telescope and makes it very hard to gauge the distance of infantry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

My FOV is set to 80 , im running @ 2048X 1152 24" monitor

You might find this fov calculator usefull
    http://rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Dcully wrote: »
    My FOV is set to 80 , im running @ 2048X 1152.

You might find this fov calculator usefull
    http://rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

I know the calc alright, just wondering what settings peeps find useful..

BTW what are people setting as their desired hfov in that calc. I was assuming around 100-120 degrees would give a decent wide fov

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I have 1650 x 1080 and FOV is set to 80
    The calculator says it should be 65 but I'm happy with the way it is except for when you use your red dot/iron sights it reverts back to the really crappy FOV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I have 1650 x 1080 and FOV is set to 80
    The calculator says it should be 65 but I'm happy with the way it is except for when you use your red dot/iron sights it reverts back to the really crappy FOV.

Its only 65 if left at the default 90 degree horizontal FOV

Remember, its the horizontal that we really want to change, so you put your 'desired' horizontal field of view into the calc, and it tells you what to set the 'vertical' FOV to in order to achieve your desired horizontal FOV.

What you've done there is actually set your Horizontal FOV to 104 degrees.....

Why DICE didn't just include a setting to change the horizontal FOV we'll never know.... muppets...

**edit

I checked mine there, 1920x1080, with a desired horizontal FOV of 120 degrees, tells me to set the vertical FOV to 89...

Gonna try this later on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Best thing to do it just do a few different setting and you will find the one that suits your style of play TBH.

Forget all that scientific mumbo jumbo.....:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Best thing to do it just do a few different setting and you will find the one that suits your style of play TBH.

Forget all that scientific mumbo jumbo.....:rolleyes:

Agreed i tried everything the calculator suggests and i didnt like its settings so went with my own :)

Advertisement