Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post Driver

• 31-03-2010 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where you would be able to buy one of those post knockers for driving fencing posts. Its the one that is hooked to the tractor by the 3 point linkage and raising and lowering the link arms give it the force to drive the post? An idea of price would be good too.

If that's not a runner then, would anyone know where I could get an ordinary hydraulic post driver (second hand) at the right price. I'm only looking for a farmers model. A new malone driver can be bought for €1400 + Vat. Would like to get a second hand one (any manufacturer) at a lower price than this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

reilig wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you would be able to buy one of those post knockers for driving fencing posts. Its the one that is hooked to the tractor by the 3 point linkage and raising and lowering the link arms give it the force to drive the post? An idea of price would be good too.

If that's not a runner then, would anyone know where I could get an ordinary hydraulic post driver (second hand) at the right price. I'm only looking for a farmers model. A new malone driver can be bought for €1400 + Vat. Would like to get a second hand one (any manufacturer) at a lower price than this.

funny was just looking at this yetserday evening, they are up north and are the cheapest Ive seen, what quality is like i couldnt tell you
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Post-Drivers-Trailors-SheepTurners-log-splitters-grips_W0QQitemZ200455733082QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL?hash=item2eac17bf5a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

funny was just looking at this yetserday evening, they are up north and are the cheapest Ive seen, what quality is like i couldnt tell you
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Post-Drivers-Trailors-SheepTurners-log-splitters-grips_W0QQitemZ200455733082QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL?hash=item2eac17bf5a

Thanks Vanderbadger!!,
    However, I think the Malone is cheaper than that when you do the currency conversion. I think I would prefer to buy a second hand branded one than a new one of those. The pictures look like they just spray painted it on the spot :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

ya i know what your saying, there always seems to be a few "parmiter" drivers on ebay.co.uk, they must have been very popular in blighty but they look light to me, have also seen those long drivers that go up and down with lift alot on ebay, never seen one over here though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭aristo

Dennis Doyle agrifab in kildare makes vibrating ones, might be worth a call 059 8633183

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭roadtripman

Thanks Vanderbadger!!,
    However, I think the Malone is cheaper than that when you do the currency conversion. I think I would prefer to buy a second hand branded one than a new one of those. The pictures look like they just spray painted it on the spot :):)

yeah paint job not the best but malone @ €1400 + vat = €1694 and the one on e-bay is approx €1368 inc vat and he is open to offers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

we have a major fairly basic model but it does our work, was about 1500 a few years ago , steel has come down since but don't know if the decrease was passed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

you should go with the malone ,they are well made and good and strong.
    that one in the north looks like a rough piece of work and for the sake of a few hundred euros extra and if you ever want to sell it again .

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cartonj

My advice would be go for one with the hydraulic adjustment and get a hydraulic top link as well, bit of an outlay up front but makes all the difference especially if you're doing the work on your own. Any 2nd hand I've seen are either worn out or have been traded because they didn't buy the right one first off. You'll soon get sick putting posts or blocks under one side.

Watch your fingers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Jollyone

Try Kentec Eng in Tipperary . His machine is far superior to Malone. By the way Malone major bridgeway rainbow are all the same. There are light and light duty in my opinion . Kentec is way stronger and heavier.

Advertisement