Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potholes.

Options
  • 31-03-2010 12:49pm

Lads...Who is going to fix the blasted potholes in the town of Clonmel.I was going up the hill yesterday evening...I saw a huge one....A lad could nearly see Australia....If they gave us shovels and tar we could do it ourselves,but the one I saw yeaterday took bating...Twould be like throwing porter into a barrel of sawdust..the bloody bicycle is ruined.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

Good man Pakie! I rang the council and they said they'd look into it;)

Fair play...But they would want scaffolding to look into this one,I'm nearly sure I saw Aussie rules training going on when I looked in.I will be writing a letter asking for a replacement wheel for me bike,and the bell fell off as well..fecking terible so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Good man Pakie! I rang the council and they said they'd look into it;)

Ha! Yea 4 men and a shovel lookin into it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Shayman

Fair play...But they would want scaffolding to look into this one,I'm nearly sure I saw Aussie rules training going on when I looked in.I will be writing a letter asking for a replacement wheel for me bike,and the bell fell off as well..fecking terible so it is.

Will ye shut up about the Australia thing. If they cop on they'll turn it into a tunnel and put a feckin toll booth on it....

Shayman wrote: »
    Will ye shut up about the Australia thing. If they cop on they'll turn it into a tunnel and put a feckin toll booth on it....

Well if they do..I will be expecting a new bike altogether,not just a wheel and bell.Thought the hailstones that fell today might pack it a bit,but they melted before I could put a Dunnes bag over it..and whats more ,there's a white line that fell into it stuck hard,I cant get it out.Tis cruel,with all the cutbacks,and now Clonmel is a white line short........

• Advertisement

It'll be grand they've a shed full of yella lines to spare. They're better than white ones - they make more money!

Jaysus you have the lie of the land alright...plenty yella wans....sure they could take a yella wan and paint it white,but they might be stuck, and end up puttin a yella wan where there should be a double yella.They have plenty lurries going around the town every day,so they should be able to get out that white wan.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Als76

Guys

the white and yellow lines have had enough and have decided to set uo there own political parties and run for Brian Cowans job

Vote. the white line. he has a bad name but noes whats best for the country.

Vote. the yellow line. looks terrible in the snow smells of mens toliets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Pity there wasn't a hole going all the way to Australia,we could all feck off down it and get away out of this place.;)

I was talking to a Councillor today and he says they're leaving the potholes 'cos they're doubling up as traffic calming so they don't need to make speed bumps. See, and ye all thought the Councillors were Gob****es!!;)

• Advertisement

Dont be believing them fellas at all.I was having a pint with a lad today,he said they were leaving all the potholes open..they are hoping that all the lads that walk up the nire and around Baylough,will instead become potholers.He told me the posh one's call themselves cavers.So if yer driving down the town,and all of a sudden you see a head peeping up outta the road,you will know what is happening.I'm hoping wan of em will find the wheel of me bike.I am marching tomorrow...I'll be heading down around 2 a clock.
    Pakie Against Potholes!

Advertisement