Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I turn up or not..?

Options
  • 31-03-2010 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I have been offered a job at an OPW heritage site and have accepted it in writing. However, I haven't heard a thing since then (16 March). No contract, no rate of pay, no start/finish date. It is supposed to be opening tomorrow - it always opens the Thursday before Easter.

One of the other (permanent) guides hasn't heard a thing either. He tried to ring the head of OPW Visitor Services yesterday and left a message on a rather dodgy voice mail, while I emailed her (so that all bases were covered!). She did receive my e-mail but, so far, no response. My question is, do I turn up tomorrow, not knowing whether I'm supposed to be there or not? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Turn up of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

Turn up

My sister was in a simillar position with another govt / state body. She was working there about 2 months before she got her paper work. Got paid etc no problem even though still no contract.

And all this was long before the go slower started (work to rule)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Turn up.
    It would be worse to not turn up if the job is there than to turn up but there's no job.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Thanks for your replies. I received a contract via e-mail just now, which was a relief! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Turn up, you've more to lose by not bothering.

• Advertisement
Advertisement