Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Battlefield 1943 PC....YES SIR!!!!

Options
  • 31-03-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Talking amongst my fellow [TiG] gamers the other night some of whom nearly blew their load Forrest Gump style when I said I taught that 1943 was been re-released on the PC. When I said I was not 100% sure and that it might be BF:Vet I was called every name under the sun and made to stand in the corner!

Well here is the latest I can find....

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2010/03/30/battlefield-1943-pc-still-on-the-way/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Meh.

Less of that consoley crap thanks.

I want Battlefield 3

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

exactly..fúck em..it's a year late now as they couldn't be arsed to get it out in time for PC gamers..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Young lad has it on the 360 and as he says himself its muck.

Dcully wrote: »
    Young lad has it on the 360 and as he says himself its muck.

Had the demo on the 360 - its just like any other assisted-aiming console piece of crap first person shooter.

Looks nice though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iK9ul0J3l8

Jesus....Dont shoot the messenger...lol...I do love the cartoon graphics just like TF2.

Shame really...but I but you it will sell like fook!:p

• Advertisement

Cartoon graphics???????

It doesn't use cell shading, its the same engine as BC2. (even the 'pick up item' pop ups are exactly the same as BC2 on console)

Just looks like that as its on console..

The map in the demo (and the vid) is very like Wake Island

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

You sure your not confusing it with BF:heros there Dub Gun?
    1943 on xbox was a great arcade game just as good as BC1 but just less maps. It had a real fun feel and I sill play it a lot.
    I for one cant wait for it to hit the PC secene and hope that there will be more maps for it on PC. Its only real failing was the lack of maps but then it only cost 12 quid so cant really complain about that.

You sure your not confusing it with BF:heros there Dub Gun?
    1943 on xbox was a great arcade game just as good as BC1 but just less maps. It had a real fun feel and I sill play it a lot.
    I for one cant wait for it to hit the PC secene and hope that there will be more maps for it on PC. Its only real failing was the lack of maps but then it only cost 12 quid so cant really complain about that.

Nope, defo not confusing it with anything! I think Wonda may be though - stating it has cartoony graphics!

I didn't like it much on Xbox, as I have in my head how a Battlefield game should be, and 1943 on Xbox just wasn't it for me!

I prob won't bother picking it up, as its a bit too arcadey, I prefer the more purist BF type games, of which BC2 is, just about...

I want BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Dont really care for this really, and who wants another wake island!! played to death that map is. BF3 better be amazing, BC2 is good but its just lacking. Heres hoping they pull out the stops for BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Personally I really liked it on Xbox, was a good game for the console. Not a patch on BF on the PC of course, but good fun nonetheless.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's no auto aim assistance (or at least very little of it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I aint confusing nothing compared to BF2/2142 or BFBC2 they are indeed very cartoony looking. Maybe not as much as TF2 but deffo disney style, well thats what I got from the video.

steve_ wrote: »
    Dont really care for this really, and who wants another wake island!! played to death that map is. BF3 better be amazing, BC2 is good but its just lacking. Heres hoping they pull out the stops for BF3

Nah, there's not really auto aim. I just threw that in there so I could convince myself I really don't like it lol

I bloomin' hate using a gamepad though :mad:

Advertisement