Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrowind or Oblivion, which do you prefer?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Morrowind definitely. Much better alchemy system, clothing/armour setup, weapon classes that actually made sense (training with a dagger doesn't make you a master with a claymore). The combat is pretty dire, even at the time. Compared to the rest of the game, a really minor flaw. Great sense of adventure when you had to walk and plan boat/silt strider routes between towns to get to your destination, or the closest settlement before a dangerous trek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

bluewolf wrote: »
    But the storyline... meh. And the towns all being in separate loading cells kinda broke up the feeling of just wandering around.
    But there's really just something about morrowind. I'm not sure what it is :p I preferred the dialogue, I preferred having to wander around instead of fast travel, I liked having the different "houses".
    If they could make a game combining the best qualities of the two that would be great :D

The towns loading thing really pissed me off and it was for this seperate 'cell' thing that made them take out any levitation.:mad:
    Anyway morrowind was far more immersive in the scope and scale of the main quest, the way seemingly inconsequential choices made a big difference later on, the history and lore about EVERYTHING, and the way every dungeon/cave seemed unique.

Also the leveling. At the start of the game you'd have to change your boxers if a rat squeaked at you but when you level up you're like a badass mother****er striding across the land just hoping someone is going to try and start something.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I preferred morrowind basically for the house of redoran quests whereby I was eventually given my own mansion. Another novelty was the fact that you could place it in fp or tp. Oblivion just felt like more of the same and at that stage I was bored of fantasy rpgs.

Advertisement