Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox constantly crashing while on blackboard

Options
  • 31-03-2010 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi, wondering if anyone else is having this problem, Since I updated to the latest version of Firefox blackboard's become unusable, it will let me navigate into one pdf page through a course and then if I try and move away from it to another page it's always crashing. Happening to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I'd try google chrome..... Firefox has gone pretty crappy lately and has never worked properly for me with blackboard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Since I updated it'll let me access Blackboard some times. It wouldnt before though.

I have to use safari for connect and bboard. And if I have a pre lab quiz involving indication of an atom/functional group in a molecule I have to go to a computer room and use one of the pleb-machines to get IE (Imagine NEEDING to use IE, fúcking ridiculous)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Go-Go-Gadget

The latest Firefox update has fixed all problems for me. doesnt crash anymore on blackboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 groovyniamh

Yes!! It's driving me mad, I've always used firefox and this never happened me before. grrrr :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

It stalls a little when opening pdfs but it has gotten better in the last few months. Was great a few years ago and has steadily declined in speed and reliability. New version seems ok though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Yeah I've switched to google chrome for blackboard, only annoying thing is I can't figure out how to change the proxy settings for it so have to open up firefox for other browsing when in the library. Can anyone help with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I am a mac user so am going on memory, but i think it uses the same proxy settings as internet explorer. If you can change internet explorers settings then the changes will apply to chrome (afair when you go to the change proxy settings menu in chrome it brings you to the windows "lan settings" dialog aswell.

All open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,231 ✭✭✭MrVestek

The latest version of Firefox seems to have issues with Flash again although for some strange reason I only find that it crashes when using flash aps when Windows Live Messenger is running in the background.

No idea why that is tbh.

I can't wait for the use of HTML 5 to be widespread then we can finally say goodbye to Flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

the person who constantly has about 20+ tabs(including ucd website and BB) open in his FF browser for 24/7 comes in to say hi :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

Try reinstalling Java, firefox and/or Adobe Reader/Foxit/whatever pdf reading software you use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement