Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

car servicing query

• 31-03-2010 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

HI
    Can anyone recommend a good garage to get my car serviced in Swords area. Was going to go to advanced but read a few bad reviews, its toyota yaris car
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jpb7

Mam08 wrote: »
    HI
    Can anyone recommend a good garage to get my car serviced in Swords area. Was going to go to advanced but read a few bad reviews, its toyota yaris car
    Thanks in advance

I only know Steve Wrights Motors in Airways Ind Est
    I bought my toyota in Airport Motors and before your handed the keys ,the car is gven a service with Steve Wrights Motors
    i've never had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jpb7

Jpb7 wrote: »
    I only know Steve Wrights Motors in Airways Ind Est
    I bought my toyota in Airport Motors and before your handed the keys ,the car is gven a service with Steve Wrights Motors
    i've never had any problems.

I'm sorry my reply was a bit short but ill try to advise you the best way i can

a few tips .

If possible try not to confine your search to just one area more places means more choice ( you could save around €50-€60 believe me! )
    prices can range from about €60 -€100 for a Filter & Oil change and €150 - €250 for a full service (ie oil , oil filter, air filter, spark plugs checking all fluids and other checks breaks...ect

Insist that you get a receipt with the garage logo or letter with all the replacement oil & parts with their respective part numbers (most garages will provide this without problems .
    The reason for this is i check the web to see if the parts are not cheap imported parts also your cars manual will provide to with the recommended oil type and other parts

also get your mechanic to stick a reminder when your next service due cos some mechanics I dealt with haven provided me with this important info

Some mechanics will provide discounts or provide extra services with out any extra cost to you if your a regular customer (they need to be kept in business as much as you need your car running smoothly)

I hope this helps I can't emphasize enough that you should shop around as most car dealerships are finding it difficult trying to sell new cars so they use their in-house mechanics to provide services at reduced prices

so Good Luck

Advertisement