Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb in Greystones

Options
  • 31-03-2010 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

What's all this about then?

http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/viable-explosive-device-made-safe-in-greystones-452114.html
    A viable explosive device was made safe by an Army Bomb Disposal team in Greystones overnight, the Defence Forces said in a statement today.

The team arrived on scene at an apartment complex in Kilcoole, Greystones at 2.30 am, in response to a request by gardaí.

"A viable Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was made safe at the scene and removed for further examination," the statement said.

"Following this examination, the device will handed over to gardaí for their investigations."

The scene was declared safe at 3.25am.

Has anybody any idea what went on and where it happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Only apartment place I can think of in Kilcoole are the ones behind the Centra in the village.....

When I read it I was like Whaaaa? Bomb ?? Kilcoole ??? whaa???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

It doesn't say anything about a bomb... they found a 'viable explosive device' which could mean anything, or any object that had the capacity to explode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

The Irish times headline says: Viable' bomb made safe in Greystones

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0331/breaking37.html

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Rasmus wrote: »
    It doesn't say anything about a bomb... they found a 'viable explosive device' which could mean anything, or any object that had the capacity to explode.

They didn't call the army bomb disposal unit to deal with a party popper now did they ?:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Grrr Kilcoole is not Greystones! There Some undesirables living in those apartments behind Centra not surprised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Grrr Kilcoole is not Greystones! There Some undesirables living in those apartments behind Centra not surprised

Ehh... my aunt & uncle own an apt there..... Very desirable people:D

Anyone hear anymore on what its was ??

It was under a car (I heard)

A home-made bomb which was discovered under a car at a block of flats in Kilcoole, in Co Wicklow, may have been attached to the car when it was driven for some miles, according to gardaí.
    Army bomb disposal experts were called out to remove what they said was a viable explosive device, from the car at the rear of a block of flats at Willowbrook, Kilcoole, in the early hours of yesterday morning.
    The Garda Press Office, which initially described the bomb as having been discovered at Church Road, in Greystones, later said it appeared the car may have been driven with the bomb attached, from there to Kilcoole, a distance of about three miles.
    !

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sbEdge

Yes it was under a guy's car, he arrived home and it fell from under the car, he didn't know what it was but knew it wasn't part of the car so he called the gardai.

Advertisement