Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to square 1

Options
  • 31-03-2010 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Im a grumpy cow today. Went out to survey the damage after the storm.......

Greenhouse in 2 pieces ( literly) & by june I should have all sorts of flowers growing up through the lawn....
    All the seed trays scattered around the back lawn.........

Spent hours on Sunday out there... Should have spent those hours more wisely watching the forecast ..

But there was no loss of life nor limb so I should be grateful

Anyone else badly damaged ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

sorry to hear that Lucy2010
    I hope you can repair the greenhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

will have to check when i get home and i know it does not even compare to your damage but the aul daff's looked a bit rough this morning....but then they still had snow on them

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sorry to hear, after I got home late from work lastnight I ran out the back and covered everything I have with plastic and weighted it down.

Looking at it this morning all looks fine and well thankfully, damn snow and wind!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Thanks guys - its 1 I got in woodies last year for €60.I have it weighted ( 20kg weight) down & strapped to the wall. Weight was moved in the wind ( I know OMG) & the strapped bits remained on the wall & the rest took sail... I went out there & resurected 1 seed tray of larkspur but about 20 seed trays i planted are scattered all over the lawn.. If I wasnt so peed off I would laugh - can just imagine the lawn if I didnt cut it - it would be chelsea flower show in 3 months time.

Ah well, daddy I think has taken pity on my whinging & is going to weld it back together & try & make a cover out of damp course.....

Just hate seeing creativity destroyed.. Like a kids picture or a craft....

Advertisement