Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis

Options
  • 31-03-2010 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

I have just learned that the DEP have a motherf**king new album out! I'm stuck in work but going to grab this at the soonest possible opportunity. Has anyone given it a spin yet? I've enjoyed the albums more and more as they have progressed. They seem to be one band that's impervious to line-up changes and complete disaster.

Also check out the snazzy boxset: http://e-shop.season-of-mist.com/en/catalog/show/22675 I wouldn't mind picking this up but I'm minding my pennies these days.

Anyway, this news made my day. Hopefully they get over here soon and destroy The Village again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I've only listened to it once, haven't gotten round to giving it the amount it deserves. But it's pretty good so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Absolutley amazing album, like a combination of the previous two, but without the glitchy transition tracks from Ire Works.
    These guys just get better with each album, the song Widower is their finest track to date imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

It's called Option Paralysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Ooops, I was excited at the time of posting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Waiting for my boxset and LP (bloody SoM) to turn up but I may have gotten a hold of it through other means for listening purposes.

I quite like it but I think it needs some more plays to grow on me (can't to give the vinyl a spin). It is very much in the vein of Miss Machine and Ire Works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Just listening to it now,first impression is a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Just listening to it myself as I type this. It's definitely pretty good.

Also I modified the thread title ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

The Boxset is amazing, the whole presentation is just class, took me a while to find the CD actually, the flip book is cool too.

Having a problem ripping the CD as I have a slot drive on my MacBook and the CD has a vinyl record stuck on top so doesn't quite fit in and not forcing it.

Haven't looked at the real vinyl properly yet, will wait till I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

only got around to listening to this now. faaaaaack! this is great! only listened to a few DEP tunes in passing but now I can see where all the praise is coming from! Brilliant stuff!

Advertisement