Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aviva level 2 hospital cover- maternity

Options
  • 31-03-2010 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi I have level 2 hospital cover with aviva and was wondering has anyone used it for maternity cover? this is my first baby and im clueless, I went to the doc last week with bleeding and he sent me to the hospital, so when I went in they filled up some forms for me and asked me had I health insurance and who was it with I just said 'aviva' they didnt ask what plan! are they assuming im going private? I had my scan and im 6 weeks along have another scan next week to make sure all is ok but I dont know if im public or private? my friend works in vhi and reckons if you use your health insurance for maternity you will end up with a huge bill? Im so confused

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You are most probably public unless you requested otherwise.
    Have you had your first scheduled hospital appointment yet?Have you booked in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bmmck

I have been in the hospital and I have had a scan because I was bleeding a bit, I have to go back again next week for another scan so I dont know what happens after that this is all new to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I went public and then used my health insurance to cover me for a private bed after my little girl was born - I think this was only because there were empty private beds for a change! I have the same level cover as you and all the accommodation was covered.

You will be public unless you request to go private or semi-private.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

thats interesting, didn't know you could do that. Just to ask when being taken up to the ward? Must double check but I reckon I am covered too, might check into it!

Advertisement