Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywax.. Anyone been there?

Options
  • 31-03-2010 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

Just booked in there for Friday, can anyone tell me if they're good or not? Just very expensive for the treatments imo so just double checking it's worth it! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

yes very good and yes very expensive, i thought. think i d go with my normal salon for a the cheaper price and grin and bear ( bare !! ) the pain , as i idid def find city wax to be less painful .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's so, so worth it. I've gotten waxed in dozens of places, and never had a nicer, more pleasant and less painful experience than with them. If you add them as a friend on Facebook, they do offers first thing every morning for available appointments, like 20% off a Brazilian at 1.45 kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I went there when they first opened and have not been back.

The girl hadn't a clue what she was doing. She didn't pull the skin to wax and ended up taking 3/4 goes to remove each strip. I came out bruised and marked and in lots of pain! 2 weeks worth of arnica to get the bruising down. They apologised and offered me a free treatment, but after years and years of waxing and never having any issues anywhere else, I decided against going back. They were very sorry, and I thought the customer service afterwards was good, but it still put me off going back there.

The wax they use, Lycon wax, is the best you can get though... you get so much longer out of it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Hey guys, just wanted to post again for anyone who's interested..

Citywax was great. Kind of expensive but I was just so impressed. The staff were so friendly and kept me completely at ease, I got to watch an episode of Sex in the City & watched a bit of "He's Just Not That Into You" too. :) So my mind was well taken off the pain aspect.

I got my eyebrows, legs and a brazillian and the sorest part imho were the parts just over my ankles at the end of my leg and one or two parts around teh bikini line! The beautician applied pressure to any bit I flinched at to ease the pain and she was really great.

I also got to enter a draw for free treatments for a year and I get my next treatment for free if I refer 3 people to go there (and they get 20% off their first in turn). They have offers all the time and if you join hem on Facebook they update this every morning with new offers!

I was really impressed and would recommend anybody to go. :)

Hope this helps anyone thinking of getting a treatment. :D Sorry about the rant though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

People have mentioned its less painful... how so?

• Advertisement

People have mentioned its less painful... how so?

It's the wax they use, Lycon wax or something? Also they rub lavender oil into the area that has been waxed to reduce the pain too. The therapist I had was just so lovely, told me what parts would be slightly sorer so I was expecting it. There was the tv distraction which helped too!

Also, whenever she waxed a particularly sore area, she pressed her fingers/hand down onto that area to reduce the pain. Really worked a charm! I swear I didn't find it as sore as other places I have been to and I don't have an amazing pain threshold when it comes to waxing neither. :)

NoDice wrote: »
    It's the wax they use, Lycon wax or something? Also they rub lavender oil into the area that has been waxed to reduce the pain too. The therapist I had was just so lovely, told me what parts would be slightly sorer so I was expecting it. There was the tv distraction which helped too!

Also, whenever she waxed a particularly sore area, she pressed her fingers/hand down onto that area to reduce the pain. Really worked a charm! I swear I didn't find it as sore as other places I have been to and I don't have an amazing pain threshold when it comes to waxing neither. :)

What she did sounds fairly standard, I was expecting miracles!:(:P
    Im studying beauty by night and when we are doing waxing we have to have to have to include what youv mentioned above, I know some salons dont bother tho

What she did sounds fairly standard, I was expecting miracles!:(:P
    Im studying beauty by night and when we are doing waxing we have to have to have to include what youv mentioned above, I know some salons dont bother tho

Ha ha well she was very gentle and I've never had a more friendly experience so that helped..

Would you be happier if I said she blew the hairs away and sprinkled glitter on me?? :):):p;) Hee hee!

I didn't know it was standard, cheers for pointing that out. Any other place I've been to have been pretty wam-bam-thank-you-mam and I've left in tears walking like a penguin! :(:eek:

Best of luck with your course. Are you enjoying it so far??

NoDice wrote: »
    Ha ha well she was very gentle and I've never had a more friendly experience so that helped..

Would you be happier if I said she blew the hairs away and sprinkled glitter on me?? :):):p;) Hee hee!

I didn't know it was standard, cheers for pointing that out. Any other place I've been to have been pretty wam-bam-thank-you-mam and I've left in tears walking like a penguin! :(:eek:

Best of luck with your course. Are you enjoying it so far??

Hahaha no no, dont want any glitter! ;)
    From my own experience some salons are very abrupt that way, have you in and out in 10 minutes with no pre or after care! :rolleyes:

I must try citywax now though, I sounds very professional anyway. Are they very expensive?
    Im loving college so far,every single bit of it ( apart from some of the theory :P) Im qualified in June so when I open my salon you can come to me!! :P

Hahaha no no, dont want any glitter! ;)
    From my own experience some salons are very abrupt that way, have you in and out in 10 minutes with no pre or after care! :rolleyes:

I must try citywax now though, I sounds very professional anyway. Are they very expensive?
    Im loving college so far,every single bit of it ( apart from some of the theory :P) Im qualified in June so when I open my salon you can come to me!! :P

I was going to say I would send you on a referral card to get a discount but you get a discount as a student anyway! :) I really do recommend it though. If you go though would you mind posting here again so I can see what you think? Given that you're learning about waxing and all.

Citywax are pretty expensive yeah.. I just think things like this are worth spending the money on though tbh. I got a full leg, eyebrow reshape and a braz, cost me 87euro.. :eek: I got a creme egg and got to watch a film.. Does that help? :) I didn't mind.

The prices are on www.citywax.ie Good enough website. I was emailing a girl called Zoe who owns the place for a bit before going in. She was super friendly too so I was actually excited about going! :rolleyes::o

Ha ha cool, I was reminded when I went that I was interested in doing that course before but I dunno what stopped me. Are you not wrecked from work etc?? :(

Plus if I go to your salon I expect a discount and lots of glitter!!!!! :p

• Advertisement

...................I actually hate glitter........................

No glitter then! And of course discounts for all members! ;)
    I was interested in going just out of interest but as soon as I went into college last night we were handed wax pox and did bikini waxing, so I can pretty much do my own or have my sister do it for me, No more salons for waxing for me it seems! :D
    Wev done it a few times but im finally comfortable with it now :D
    Ya im pretty tired now today, its monday and tuesday nights , so i work a 40 hour week and it gets a bit tiring, I recover by thursday though, just in time for the weekend! :P
    I would definitely recommend doing the course if thats what your interested in!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 dmchealy

I was seriously impressed with them as well and agree with msot of what people are saying about citywax being very professional and the waxing def seems less painful. It does seem to take quite a while though!

Advertisement