Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bumblebee Caps in 335...

• 31-03-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I have a 335 and was wondering about installing Bumblebee Capacitors in it. Firstly, how the hell would one go about getting near the controls on the 335? I'm guessing some long tool that will reach into the cavity. Secondly, I should add this is kind of hypothetical, this is just some groundwork to try gauge how hard this might be...

Thanks Guys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

I think the short answer is hard and fiddly as hell, the kind of job even decent techs hate doing!!
    I think generally the whole harness would be removed via the bridge p'up cavity and then pots/caps replaced externally, with the whole thing then being fed back in through the p'up cavity again. Not a job for the faint hearted/inexperienced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

bellg124 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I have a 335 and was wondering about installing Bumblebee Capacitors in it. Firstly, how the hell would one go about getting near the controls on the 335? I'm guessing some long tool that will reach into the cavity. Secondly, I should add this is kind of hypothetical, this is just some groundwork to try gauge how hard this might be...

Thanks Guys!

I have experimented quite a bit with caps. Sure it makes a difference having a better/different cap on the tone control, but in terms of improving your sound upgrading caps in your amplifier circuit will give a much greater improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bellg124

Thanks for the replies folks. It does seem crazy difficult to do. Maybe I'll start by upgrading my Les Paul...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wolfyuksa

just tie some string to the pots that way you remove them totally and then can guide them back into place

Advertisement