Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Friendly Match*** Tuesday 6th April 7.30 WESLEY COLLEGE vs DTB

Options
  • 31-03-2010 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Pre-season Summer 2010 continues with a friendly game against DTB in St Colmcille's Knocklyon on Tuesday 6th April.

Hopefully the weather is better, and now that I've seen everyone playing I have a better idea of what needs to be done for this game.

It's probably the last friendly, so anyone who doesn't play in this one, or didn't play in the last one, won't be considered for the squad.

Returning Squad Members

Clayton - In
    Cathal - In

Dan - In
    Graham - In
    Michael - In
    Keith - In
    Andy - In
    Collie - In

Conor - Out
    Gav - Out
    Martin - Out

Kenny - In
    Jules - In

Ciaran - Out
    Dave - Out

Ed - In

Potential New Squad Members

Cillian - Out
    Iain - Out
    Neil - In
    Paul - In
    Glenn - In
    Derek - In
    Jeff - In
    Keith - In
    Dano - In
    Eoin - In
    Anto - In

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,566 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'll have to leave it till over the weekend to let you know Des.

My groin is still pretty sore so not playing my match Thursday or Saturday to give it a rest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Returning Squad Members

Clayton -
    Cathal -
    Dan -
    Graham -
    Michael -
    Keith - In
    Andy -
    Collie -
    Conor -
    Gav -
    Martin -
    Kenny -
    Jules -
    Ciaran -
    Dave -
    Ed -

Cillian -
    Neil -
    Paul -
    Iain -
    Glenn -
    Dave -
    Gillan -
    Derek -
    Jeff -
    Keith -
    Dano -
    Eoin -
    Derek
    Chris
    Deco
    Robbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'm away at a conference so I will not be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm in

@Frisbee - If you're gonna play with that groin injury, i'd put a bandage around it and tape it for support, it worked well for me.

Make sure that all the tape goes on the bandage tho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

I'm in

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    @Frisbee - If you're gonna play with that groin injury, i'd put a bandage around it and tape it for support, it worked well for me.

Yeah I'll see how it goes.

It's fairly annoying as this is the first time in years and years that an injury has actually prevented me from playing and it's coming right into the business end of the season. They're usually just small knocks that I'd get that I can easily play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Count me in Des

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Returning Squad Members

Clayton -
    Cathal -
    Dan -
    Graham -
    Michael -
    Keith -
    Andy -
    Collie -
    Conor -
    Gav -
    Martin -
    Kenny -
    Jules -
    Ciaran -
    Dave -
    Ed -

Cillian -
    Neil -
    Paul - In
    Iain -
    Glenn -
    Dave -
    Gillan -
    Derek -
    Jeff -
    Keith -
    Dano -
    Eoin -
    Derek
    Chris
    Deco
    Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

im in =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 keith MAC

Hey Des,

I am around next tuesday if needed,

Keith

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

keith MAC wrote: »
    Hey Des,

I am around next tuesday if needed,

Keith

Yep, I'm hoping all the people who played last night will be there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 keith MAC

Des wrote: »
    Yep, I'm hoping all the people who played last night will be there again.

cheers des will give it another go then.....

Looking forward to this :) What's the sp on DTB?

My mate Jeff is in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Same story as last week I'm presuming? 8pm ko and a fiver for the match?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

cson wrote: »

Yes so be there for 7.300

cson wrote: »

Yes so be there for 7.30

its monday morning im gna have to put myself down as a maybe as im strugglen to get over the shin plints on both legs that i currently have :(
    ill keep yas posted :)

Can't wait for this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'll be there.

@mrDerek: I've been round the block and seen them all when it comes to shin splints and the most immediate form of prevention I found is to stretch the lower calf muscles.....not the standard calf stretches that everyone does: stand facing wall with two hands on the wall and setup like you're doing a normal calf stretch, but instead focus on the front leg, leave it 6 inches from the wall and aim to hit the wall with your knee coming over your toes. Also found trying to stand on the sides of the feet helps stretch the muscles at the sides of the lower calf.

• Advertisement

I'll be there.

@mrDerek: I've been round the block and seen them all when it comes to shin splints and the most immediate form of prevention I found is to stretch the lower calf muscles.....not the standard calf stretches that everyone does: stand facing wall with two hands on the wall and setup like you're doing a normal calf stretch, but instead focus on the front leg, leave it 6 inches from the wall and aim to hit the wall with your knee coming over your toes. Also found trying to stand on the sides of the feet helps stretch the muscles at the sides of the lower calf.

cheers mate ill try some of them stretches today. i think its from all the astro i do play with boots apparantly the ground is too hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'll be there.

I'm not gonna be fit for this Des. Wanna give it another week of rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I'll back out of this one Des and so the season.I have a match for my own team and by the looks of it we could have a few more mid-weekers before the end of the season.Anyways sorry for dragging it along and good luck tomorrow and with the rest of the season.

For the lads that want a lift with me, same time and place as last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Hey lads, new Chris here, I'm definately in but I have two problems:

1. Arsenal Barcelooooooooooooona :(:(

2. Im bussing it from the northside and luasing it to as close to knocklyon as possible with my gf picking me up from the luas probably in dundrum.

So just wondering is there anyone who can get me from anywhere on the northside or city centre out to knocklyon?

EDIT: I mean it's not fatal if nobody can offer a lift ie I won't die or not be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

1. Arsenal Barcelooooooooooooona

Get yourself sky plus and if anyone tells you the score, hit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Hey lads, new Chris here, I'm definately in but I have two problems:

1. Arsenal Barcelooooooooooooona :(:(

Glad someone mentioned this: to be clear to all potential new players - if you are concerned with missing televised matches due to our matches, this is not the team for you as that's just not the level of committment we're looking for. If it's a case of you'd really like to watch the match but you're prepared to make the sacrifice to be at the match, that's what we're about and we feel your pain and fair play for opting to come along and fight for you place. Personally, I'd prefer to sit on the bench and be ready to fight for my place than to ever miss a chance to play football due to opting to sit on a couch or bar stool to watch someone else play.

Get a TV tuner card for under €50 and then any computer with Windows 7 on it can do what Sky+ can do plus a whole lot more = problem sorted (Spot the guy who works for Microsoft :D).

Where in the Northside are you?

I live in Finglas, my gf has the car in work but she'll be home by 6.30 or so, and I plan to be on the M50 by 6.45, can you be anywhere in Finglas by 6.30?

• Advertisement

Glad someone mentioned this: to be clear to all potential new players - if you are concerned with missing televised matches due to our matches, this is not the team for you as that's just not the level of committment we're looking for.

This.

It can't be any clearer, we have United, Arsenal, Liverpool and a Chelsea fan in the past, it is NOT acceptable to miss games because you've decided you'd prefer to stay at home or go to a pub to watch a televised game.

I DO make exceptions for fellas who are actually travelling and watching a game in the flesh though.

It becomes pretty clear if someone is doing that, and you will be dropped.

Advertisement