Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life as a student in LIT

Options
  • 31-03-2010 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

lit students do you enjoy college life in lit ....

What do you like and what dont you like

also who is the general student population like

Do you like lit 7 votes

I like
    0% 0 votes
    I do not like
    100% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Figerty

Who is the general student Population like..

A big sheep...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭nessie911

Student life is crap ere... Not like a proper college or IT at all... No pub and no decent pub around. Rag week and freshers week have noting going on. The facilities are very bad too. Very little parking, extremely hard to get a computer, and very little amount of books... All and all not LIT is not all its cracked up to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Princess07

nessie911 wrote: »
    Student life is crap ere... Not like a proper college or IT at all... No pub and no decent pub around. Rag week and freshers week have noting going on. The facilities are very bad too. Very little parking, extremely hard to get a computer, and very little amount of books... All and all not LIT is not all its cracked up to be.

Totally agree with that...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Its a mess of a place...boring lectures that have no real world value to you when you go into the workplace...the canteen food is a disgrace, raped with prices for rubbish food.

And the other day it took me the bones of an hour to print a one page word document, between one printer not working, the next one printing out the stuff at a tiny resolution, another printer not havin any toner etc etc etc, and generally the techies not havin a clue (esp that blonde one from last year who was obv there for aesthetic purposes only :rolleyes:, as she answered you as tho she was reading it straight from a trouble shooting manual)

Thank god this is my last year, thumbs down from me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Canteen food - 6 quid for a roast or similar isn't a bad price whatsoever.
    Shop - sandwiches are a bit more expensive but still comparable to deli's in town. There's also a shop within 2 minutes walk and the Jetland or Ivans are about 10 mins away.

I don't know about other courses but mine prepared me very well for my work placement. Others in my class were also quite happy with the relevance of the lectures and lab practicals.

There's loads of parking provided, the problem is the amount of of people who couldn't be bothered walking 5 or 10 mins into college. Also loads of computers but they're always full of people looking at Facebook or Youtube. Also agree that there are problems with the printers but using a bit of common sense and checking that the paper tray is full and that there are no fault lights showing will avoid most problems. The Help Desk will reprint anything you've lost so it's not a total loss.

As for the lack of a pub, it doesn't bother me too much, there are plenty of pubs in Limerick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭HHH

I'm a fourth year student after working my ass off all year between my dissertation and lots of assignments and i've only recieved three results out of twelve large assignments submitted and finals begin this friday. So much for using continuous assessment as a guide for how you're doing. Joke of a college.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

What have your lecturers said when asked about the CA?

Best of luck on Friday, I'm starting mine aswell.

And while I'm here - be careful using memory sticks in the small library computer room. Got another virus on my computer, nothing that couldn't be removed with a few scans though. The best bet is to upload everything to your skydrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭HHH

Cheers, best of luck with yours too. They said the results are coming. Pure disaster because i've no idea what i should be aiming for ie, 1.1 or 2.1 or 2.2... Little late now to be worrying about them tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Anthony Walsh

Lit is not all its cracked up to be. Canteen food isn't up to much and the shop is a rip off, better off with the shop down the road. Computer lab is always full. No pub near by. Also the decision to go with microsoft instead of google for mail is just foolish.

Advertisement