Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie and Vegan Forum Meet up! *Friday 23rd April*

Options
  • 31-03-2010 2:34pm

It has been ages since we had an official meet up.
    We have alot of new faces around the forum since the last one.
    Is any one up for a bite to eat and a night out?

Which date suits for a meet-up? (multiple answers allowed) 20 votes

Friday 9th of April
    0%
    Saturday 10th of April
    0%
    Friday 16th April
    10%
    Ms. Koiconorthehippy 2 votes
    Saturday 17th April
    25%
    [Deleted User]smegmarphicconorthehippyfluffquack 5 votes
    Friday 23rd April
    25%
    [Deleted User]smegmarphicconorthehippyfluffquack 5 votes
    Saturday 24th April
    40%
    entropismellslikeshoes[Deleted User]Whisperedsmegmarphicconorthehippyfluffquack 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Indeed, we are due a meet-up and we have plenty or new posters about who might be interested too :) I'll be there with bells on!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭StevoTG

Sounds good. I'm pretty flexible for any time beyond next Tuesay :)

Am I right that Fridays and Saturdays suit people generally more than other days? They would be my fav anyhow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Saturday 24th April
    Will be busy on the 2nd and 16th, but other than those i'm all up for this meet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Saturday 24th April
    yea I'm pretty free all next week. and maybe the week after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭StevoTG

Am I right that Fridays and Saturdays suit people generally more than other days? They would be my fav anyhow :D

On this subject, next Friday (the 9th) I'll be busy from 7-10 pm. Saturday would be grand. The following Friday and Saturday evenings are both free for me :)

I've added a poll. Time to vote!

Saturday 24th April
    From those listed, I would choose 23rd or 24th as they suit myself alot better than the others. I'm pretty sure we'll get a worthy turnout, but I would really love to see some of our more quieter posters showing up and help us get to know them in person :)

Every single veggie outing has been lots of fun regardless of where it's been, or if we were sober/drinking, and would love to see it continue:)

Once a date is set, them there can be some listing of venues, or people posting when/if they can come can suggest places they might like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

most of those dates suit me fine, depending on the time. My birthday's in April so I'm having a party pretty much every weekend. I'll be juggling at the Funky Seomra at the RDS this Saturday, it looks like savage craic, would be well up for some veggie food before it if people want to join me =)

Saturday 24th April
    cocoa wrote: »
    most of those dates suit me fine, depending on the time. My birthday's in April so I'm having a party pretty much every weekend. I'll be juggling at the Funky Seomra at the RDS this Saturday, it looks like savage craic, would be well up for some veggie food before it if people want to join me =)

Dammit! I'm in Belfast this weekend.
    Juggling sounds fun! Do you do it with fire?

It is looking like the 24th is the most suitable. Anyone any problems with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Saturday 24th April
    hey cocoa my birthday is in april too and I also juggle..... separated at birth!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Saturday 24th April
    I'll say I'll go. But I probably wont. I'm a big chicken. :rolleyes:

You should come along :) I promise that I'm not scary. I can't promise about the rest of them ;)

Ah no, I've met the majority of regular posters here and they are lovely. You have nothing to fear! I would love to meet you and put a face to the name :) Who's with me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

On the basis that I believe you lot really need a father figure I may just turn up. It's also an opportunity to feel mature. :D

I'm not entirely sure if I'll be free though.

Saturday 24th April
    I'll say I'll go. But I probably wont. I'm a big chicken. :rolleyes:

AAwww but We are the forum least likely to bite!
    It would be super cool to meet you. ~mooneyes~

You too Slaphead! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Dammit! I'm in Belfast this weekend.
    Juggling sounds fun! Do you do it with fire?
    Well... I juggle with fire, if that's what you meant... =P
    smegmar wrote: »
    hey cocoa my birthday is in april too and I also juggle..... separated at birth!

ooh, which day? Ever had easter sunday on your birthday? That was weird...
    You should come along :) I promise that I'm not scary. I can't promise about the rest of them ;)

Ah no, I've met the majority of regular posters here and they are lovely. You have nothing to fear! I would love to meet you and put a face to the name :) Who's with me?!

We totally are lovely! =D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    On the basis that I believe you lot really need a father figure I may just turn up. It's also an opportunity to feel mature. :D

I'm not entirely sure if I'll be free though.

You can take over my role as daddy there, you also get free chicks.
    Hope people enjoy, they always great.

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Haven't posted in a while but still veggie and i'd probaly go :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

... you also get free chicks.
    Great. I need the eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Friday 16th April
    I'd well be up for a meet up! You're all lovely! I actually met two of you (from looking at the intro forum!) at the UCD Pot luck there monday evening! I'm from NUIM!x

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Saturday 24th April
    Finally, the thread that made me bother to reset my boards password! I'll be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Saturday 24th April
    Should be able to make this depending on the finances, would be nice to not get looked at like I've 3 heads when I'm eating some drunken veggy food :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 conorthehippy

Saturday 24th April
    Hey,

My names Conor, im the president for the up-and-coming NUIM Veggie Soc

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=110949858924554&ref=ts

Id just like to say that id love to have a good meet up with fellow vegans and vegetarians, and if i can, im going to try get the society involved.
    (eg. pot-lucks or outings or film nites)

If im organising anything in Maynooth or dublin i can post it up here.

:)

-Conor

Saturday 24th April
    We are on a tie atm. For Fri 23rd or Sat 24th.

I'd have a preference for Saturday, because people are more relaxed and refreshed.
    Unless they have been out the night before I suppose.

What do other people think?

It is looking like dinner, and maybe a spot of carousing about the town after?

I haz trinity ball friday/saturday morning(120 euro ;_; ), have veggie fun! Try the chihuahua food, so good

Saturday 24th April
    Actually 24th is definitely off the cards for me, most definitely...

Saturday 24th April
    Thought I'd drag this back up the pile since the chosen dates are coming up next week...23rd or 24th. Now slate me for it if you wish, but if I was to make a closing decision and just choose May 1st as a date (Saturday). I think it's a good day to have it as there wont be any post-work/college rush to get home and clean up etc and people can make their way in leisurely, plus it avoids having a rush of people changing plans and what-not.

As for food locations: well there are the usual haunts like Govindas, Cornucopia, Blazing Salads, a new one called Madina and I'm sure some others can contribute. If we moved on for drinks afterwards, can always just make a decision on the day:)

• Advertisement

Saturday 24th April
    This is this weekend!

How are people set?

Advertisement