Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good music or arts events on over Easter weekend and following week

Options
  • 31-03-2010 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I was just wondering what's happening in Galway City over Easter weekend and following week as will be over on holiday. Love traditional sessions, any pointers to the best venues please. Also, are the pubs closed on Good Friday?

Thanks,

Claire.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

There's a Cabaret / DJ upstairs in Ard Bia/Nimmos Easter Sunday, it was a private gig, but I think it's now open with a small cover, check with them.

There's a great season of lunchtime theatre in Kelly's bar, a different one runs every (Mon, Tues, Wed) week.

Niall Connolly is at the Crane sometime this week (singer/songwriter, if that's your bag).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Roisin's have a fundraiser on Sunday which looks exciting, and then Bad to the Bone clubnight is on Sunday night in the Cellar; rockabilly, jazz, swing, rock and roll etc.
    Gigantic clubnight in Kellys on Saturday and..

not sure what place has trad but I imagine Taffees have it every weekend night..

www.galwayentertainment.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Yeah the Hoot for Haiti in the Róisín should be interesting...
    That Bad to Bone night sounds deadly, well if it's in the vein of Fridays upstairs in the Róisín anyway. Kit Kola and Byron rock that night. I love it. Know it's not happening but I'd adore some sort of big night in the Black Box. God be with the Boogaloos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Yeah the Hoot for Haiti in the Róisín should be interesting...
    That Bad to Bone night sounds deadly, well if it's in the vein of Fridays upstairs in the Róisín anyway. Kit Kola and Byron rock that night. I love it. Know it's not happening but I'd adore some sort of big night in the Black Box. God be with the Boogaloos.

You sound like my kinda person music-night out wise :) Love those nights but hard to rally folks for it sometimes. Massimos on a Wednesday is Nitty Gritty, you'd prob enjoy that.

To original post: Imagine also the Crane would have trad sessions as well, meant to add that earlier, and yeah, pubs closed on Good Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Taffe's have trad-for-tourists with some good bits thrown in.

Tig Coili (spelling!) have trad-for-musicians sessions every day ... lots of tourists there, but the music isn't changed for them.

The Crane has trad-like-its-a-small-village-full-of-top-musicians-and-some-others .. and some surprisingly good gigs at times too. See what you think ... http://www.thecranebar.com/

Those have music every night (except Bad Friday, of course!)

Various other places have sessions on some or other nights of the week. Too many to list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 galwaygal09

http://www.enjoyfreetoday.com/blog.php list nightly music free listings and check out the events page for art etc

yup pubs closed on good friday

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

The Community Skratch Games is on in The West all weekend too... there's a live broadcast going out tomorrow night on WFMU at 8pm

www.wfmu.org

Advertisement