Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CCTV - the literal "all seeing eye"

• 31-03-2010 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Have you guys noticed that the number of CCTVs in Ireland has increased greatly in the last few months? Well even if you somehow didn't notice, They have certainly noticed you. We haven't quite reached the levels of our English police-state neighbours but we're getting there. So where does all this info go? Who monitors it? Clearly the powers that be are watching every move we make, but what is their ultimate goal? It's obvious to us that the NWO gang will soon attempt to come in and take over, but will they use this CCTV data? And if so? What for? There are hundred of cases stating CCTV abuse... so the NWO must be pros at it... but how will they use it...? As a form of population selection? Pin-pointing potential trouble makers... and neutrilizing them?
    The government have NO right to obtain photographic data about us...
    Whats your take on it CT?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Have you guys noticed that the number of CCTVs in Ireland has increased greatly in the last few months? Well even if you somehow didn't notice, They have certainly noticed you. We haven't quite reached the levels of our English police-state neighbours but we're getting there. So where does all this info go? Who monitors it? Clearly the powers that be are watching every move we make, but what is their ultimate goal? It's obvious to us that the NWO gang will soon attempt to come in and take over, but will they use this CCTV data? And if so? What for? There are hundred of cases stating CCTV abuse... so the NWO must be pros at it... but how will they use it...? As a form of population selection? Pin-pointing potential trouble makers... and neutrilizing them?
    Whats your take on it CT?

I,d like to know what all these new camera,s are on the top of traffic lights are for. And it aint for sequencing lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well there isn't one repository for all the footage. The majority would be owned by private companies who are keeping an eye on their businesses as it's cheaper than hiring a team of security guards.

Kippure wrote: »
    I,d like to know what all these new camera,s are on the top of traffic lights are for. And it aint for sequencing lights.
    For monitoring congestion, would be my guess. Traffic management is big business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Also the amount of CCTV in the UK was brought about because of the IRA campaign over there.

Most camera's are used for traffic management and some are also belonging to the gardai(e.g in templebar)to monitor trouble spots.

Only ever heard of CCTV footage being used in criminal cases as evidence.OP any links where it has been abused?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

It's obvious to us that the NWO gang will soon attempt to come in and take over,

It certainly isn't obvious to me. Care to expand on that?
    There are hundred of cases stating CCTV abuse.
    Really? Love to see even 3 of those hundreds of cases

Also whats the story with bolding random words in your post? Normally people use it for emphasis, but you seem to bold random words?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

yekahs wrote: »

Also whats the story with bolding random words in your post? Normally people use it for emphasis, but you seem to bold random words?

bolding random words, putting "random" words in "inverted commas", TYPING IN ALL CAPS, Or Perhaps My Favourite, When You Capitalise The First Letter Of Every Word In A Post....these are all unexplained mysteries of message boards the world over

RGDATA! wrote: »
    these are all unexplained mysteries of message boards the world over

What ever it is its fukking annoying...mind you im off the smokes so im cranky as hell!!

Well here's two full sentences in bold for you. Keep on topic!

humanji wrote: »
    Well here's two full sentences in bold for you. Keep on topic!
    LOL:Dfair enough!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

syas who?????????????

as far as i can see they have every legal right to do so....
    just like you have every right to use your own personal camera in public....

can you show me where they have no right to obtain photograhic data about us???

• Advertisement

robtri wrote: »
    syas who?????????????

as far as i can see they have every legal right to do so....
    just like you have every right to use your own personal camera in public....

can you show me where they have no right to obtain photograhic data about us???
    Your right robtri you are allowwed to take photo's in public places.There was a thread on it in the photography forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

They have every right to if its in the interest of public safety and security. :p

big_brother_f.jpg

Advertisement