Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Internet explorer has stopped working' error

• 31-03-2010 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I installed some software it is an electronic dictation system. Any time I open this program I intermittently receive an error message 'Internet Explorer has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution to the problem. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available'.

I've uninstalled it, reinstalled it, messed around with the settings on the footpedal (which is connected through a usb port), but nothing seems to work, it is only when this program is in use.

Anybody got any ideas? I am not overly technical at all i.e. I don't work in I.T. so don't want to mess about with it too much.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Do you know how to do a "system restore"?
    See here:

XP
    - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/systemrestore.mspx

Win7/Vista
    - http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

Basically, your returning the pc to a previous state date before all the faults started.
    Preferably a time point before you actually installed the application thats causing problems.

If its XP, move any important files you have on the Desktop, off it to another location before restoring to an earlier date.
    If there is anything really important, it might be just worth your while backing up the vital stuff - just in case.

The restore system Microsoft has included with XP onwards though is really straight forwards to use and shouldn't be a problem to use by non-techies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You could try a different browser

• Registered Users Posts: 33 throwingmusic

I have just done a 'system restore' which it is saying was successful, however now the program itself wo'nt work!? It's saying that it's 'stopped working'. Do I need to uninstall it and re-install it again?

Yeah I will look into changing browser maybe if I can't get this sorted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Its prob a addon misbehaving, fixed this problem for someone quite recently. In Windows XP go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Internet Explorer (Safe Mode), in Vista/7 search the start menu for internet explorer, and choose the icon "Internet Explorer (No Addons)". When IE opens (hopefully it will :)) go to tools>Manage Addons and disable any non-microsoft addons (Bar the likes of adobe, java etc...). Once done the normal IE should load normally

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭roberthurley14

ild just change to firefox or google chrome..theyre quicker anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 throwingmusic

Thanks guys, actually I managed to contact the supplier in the UK who advised me that there was a glitch with the software when using IE7 and told me to get the update online which I did and it is now working. Phew....

Thanks for the suggestions.

Advertisement