Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near O'Connell street?

Options
  • 31-03-2010 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭

I'm driving to Limerick in the morning and it'll be my first time in the city. I've an appointment at a place on O'Connell street and I'm wondering can anyone advise me where I can get parking closest to it? Is there on street parking or is there a car park nearby?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Where on O'Connell Street, it's quite a long stretch of street spanning 7 city blocks. On some blocks there is on street parking, others there isn't. There are a number of car parks on Henry Street, which runs parallel to O'Connell Street.109324.jpg

The red marking is on street parking the green markings are car parks just off Henry Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

It's near the junction of roches street?

I've given myself 3 hours to drive down, that should be fine right?

Elessar wrote: »
    It's near the junction of roches street?

I've given myself 3 hours to drive down, that should be fine right?

That depends on the time you arrive at, it should be plenty, i've made Limerick City to Rathmines in 2hrs 30 so you should make it down in 3 hours. I'd say your best bet for parking would be Dunnes Stores on Henry Street, On street parking is hourly and only with parking discs, which can be hard to get even in the city centre. I've the dunnes car park marked on the map i've put up, it's just off bedford row, the entrance is by the river.109326.jpg

That's great cheers.

Coincidentally can anyone recommend somewhere to eat around o'connell st? Anywhere that sells a decent dinner, that isn't fast food!

• Advertisement

Loads of options around O'Connell Street, on the blocks either side of Roches Street there's Texas Steak Out (TexMex), Jasmine Palace (Chinese), Chocolat (fusion food), George Hotel (general restaurant food). On Bedford Row, there's Cafe on the Row, and Thomas Street, there's Delish (Italian style cafe), Aubars (fancy bar food), Bella Italia (Italian), there's also a few smaller cafe's around Roches St/Catherine St. All are quite good depending on what you're looking for and there's loads of fast food places on O'Connell St too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Coincidentally can anyone recommend somewhere to eat around o'connell st? Anywhere that sells a decent dinner, that isn't fast food!

The Bambu is a lovely Thai food place. Very good value for money and very close to the junction of roches street too.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Thanks all but I'm thinking along the lines of pub food (mash, veg, roast beef or stew or something). Is there anywhere anyone would recommend for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

clohesseys do pub grub as far as i know, its the block behind dunnes car park if your looking up the river..damn grided streets!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Old quater pub, great stew in (o.connells pub inside) pub has 2 menus thus 2 names, stew is delicious though.
    Just off cruises street, about 5 mins walk from o.connell street,
    Ask anyone for directions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

On the topic of parking actually, where will i find one of those carparks that has the €3 max per day?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Thanks all but I'm thinking along the lines of pub food (mash, veg, roast beef or stew or something). Is there anywhere anyone would recommend for that?

The Bank does pub grub, it's up O'Connell St, at the next set of lights from Roches St (on the left, at the corner of Mallow St and O'C St). If Soup & Sandwiches are okay then head for the White House (op O'C st from Roches St) corner of Glenworth St and O'C St.

Cheers all I'll have a look at those places.

Now to bed, I'm up early for the drive tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Drive Safely

Advertisement