Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting your blog known

Options
  • 31-03-2010 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Does anyone have some advice for promoting your blog? I've had my blog http://Ooohcool.blogspot.com now for 2 months but I can't seem to attract anybody but my friends.

and any tips on how to bring up your Google ranking? Or is that about hits too?

i'd appreciate it if you'd give it a look too :)

thanks !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

do you use google analytics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Sirpineapple

No, but I had it on a previous site

does it help?

If you want to promote your blog, you really need to be producing content that people want to read.

Use the google keyword tool to get keyword ideas related to the topics you want to write and produce beautiful content that people will want to read and tell their friends about. You will need to learn about optimizing content for search engines and prepare to learn and test. Read up on SEO and optimising content for blogs etc.

As it stands, your blog is pants and nobody wants to read junk...so work on the pointers above and give it a go. :)

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 parmele

Yah, TheEntrepreneur pretty much nailed it. 99% of us will fail trying to accomplish that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

exchange links with other sites. i'd be willing to link you on my manchester united forum if you stuck ours on your site. :)

http://stretfordenders.net/index/ - Contact us here
    support@stretfordenders.net - or here

Look for other sites that do links too. Google like seeing the links spread about. Just get your link known!! :)

HTH

• Advertisement

Thanks that's a good idea , i'll search around for some people to link swap with :)

I'll take you up on that offer too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Great stuff.

I've added your link to our links page.

I see ours in on yours too. :) Good luck with the blog.

If you want to promote your blog, you really need to be producing content that people want to read.

Use the google keyword tool to get keyword ideas related to the topics you want to write and produce beautiful content that people will want to read and tell their friends about. You will need to learn about optimizing content for search engines and prepare to learn and test. Read up on SEO and optimising content for blogs etc.

I like the way you ignore the useful advice I've given you and chosen to look for a shortcut (one link)

Just so you know, the bit in bold is the link building bit...

A bit more than manually going around the internet like a fox looking for scraps of food to feed yourself with.

As it stands, nobody will want to read your blog as it offers nothing to anyone. Where's the value? It's dreadful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 parmele

There is probably a nicer way to phrase what TheEntrepreneur said, but he's dead on about quality content. Every blog and forum in the world could link to yours, and everyone might visit it once, but why would they come back?

Work on answering that question before link exchanging with people equally as desperate.

Anyone who values their time will want to get it right.

I've saved that guy so much time and it's up to him how seriously he wants to change or not.

• Advertisement

I went out and bought a book about it , so i'm starting to see what you mean about seo and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭WebGeek

Look up on site optimisation, link building and copywriting. There's tons of stuff out there if youo need on the net, but best to buy a good book. 'SEO optimization - an hour a day' is a great book for begineers.

Advertisement