Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CD player wont work on Scenic..

• 31-03-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

The cd player wont work, when you go to put a cd in, it just wont accept it and keeps spitting it out.The radio works fine,its just you hear that constant noise that it makes when its about to accept a cd. So I just have the volume up a little louder.
    Heres the thing, I took it to Reno main dealer,{I know,I know} this morning and they had a look. He came back to me and told me that its an internal problem that we cant fix and we would recommend a whole new radio for 680 quid.
    I took my keys and left,Id sooner sing than pay that, question is, does anyone know of a place that could fix this for a reasonable price.southside of Dublin if possible..
    cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Have a look on www.ebay.co.uk for a replacement. Or you could replace it with an aftermarket one with bluetooth/ipod connectivity etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

What year is the scenic?
    It's just that there are slightly different head units in the scenics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

sorry, its a 04 1.4,5 door

Would it be this type?
    (The word EXPERT is crucial. I used to repair car stereos many years ago and could have a look if you need.)

Hey Armadillo,
    sorry for the delay, no, there is no Expert written on the radio. the word randon is up over the number 2 also, if that makes any sense. Why is the word expert crucial? any ideas on what it could be. the cd's wont go in at all. im thinking that there is something jammed but when i press eject nowt comes out, so im at a loss,really.

• Advertisement

I have a head unit but it's the expert model from a grand scenic. I'll try it in my sis's not so grand scenic :rolleyes: this weekend but there are subtle difference in the operation of these if I remember. Hard to guess what the issue is without having a opening her up. I'll have a look for you next week if you want. Have you got the security code? Might be with the manual or you can get it from the dealer over the phone.

cheers man, yeah i have the security code. i will pm you mid week and i could catch up with you after that,if it suits.
    really appreciate this..thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I assume theres not a cd in it already? :)

wouildnt i look foolish if there was.. no,there aint a cd in it.. cheers for the thought,though:D

Advertisement