Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can i track how many hits a single page gets each time its refreshed

Options
  • 31-03-2010 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi,

I currently have google analytics set up on my site which is great. It tracks visitors, pageviews etc...but unfortunately doesnt track "HITS". Is there a piece of software on the net i can access to see how many hits each page gets or is this available in google analytics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

its a little outmoded and particularly vulnerable to messing! You have really all you need, New people, returning visitors, pages viewed, how they found you, where they went, how long they stayed... why do you want to know about 'hits'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Hi,

I currently have google analytics set up on my site which is great. It tracks visitors, pageviews etc...but unfortunately doesnt track "HITS". Is there a piece of software on the net i can access to see how many hits each page gets or is this available in google analytics

Visitors is a much more accurate metric to how popular your site is than hits. But most web hosting providers offer webalizer or the like (Which tracks hits)

Advertisement