Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all CZ 452 Lux owners

Options
  • 31-03-2010 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Looking for opinions on this rifle from any owners out there. Thanks.

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

It has a low comb on the stock and therefore is ment to be used with the open sights that come on the gun. Some people may find that when a telescopic sight is used it may be a little high for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

+1 i have one super rifle accurate, but id prefer an american model

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

clivej wrote: »
    It has a low comb on the stock and therefore is ment to be used with the open sights that come on the gun. Some people may find that when a telescopic sight is used it may be a little high for them.

Are there any mods you can do to compensate for the higher scope position?

K

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

i have a lux cant fault it however,if i had it over again i would buy the silhouette model. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Are there any mods you can do to compensate for the higher scope position?

K

Use a "smaller" scope something like a 3-9 x 40 with 25mm body in low mounts.

Excellent rifle.

Go for "American" stock or Style/Silhoeutte model.

• Advertisement

or get a stock like bunny shooter:cool:

or get a stock like bunny shooter:cool:

Don't wanna brag but :p

STA73444.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Beretta man

O my God!!!!!
    How or where do you get that stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Hey bunny shooter where did you get this stock?

Is it available for the magnum rifles?

I'm torn between a Sako Finnfire and a CZ452 Lux. If I go for the Lux I should have money left over to get a .22 semi auto for Gallery rifle as well. Not sure which to go for. I believe the Sako will have me in a more competitve class compared to the CZ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

I'm torn between a Sako Finnfire and a CZ452 Lux. If I go for the Lux I should have money left over to get a .22 semi auto for Gallery rifle as well. Not sure which to go for. I believe the Sako will have me in a more competitve class compared to the CZ.
    The CZ wont be as accurate as the sako finnfire but would be dame close ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Vinniew

tomcat220t wrote: »
    The CZ wont be as accurate as the sako finnfire but would be dame close ;).

Have to disagree there.
    Have previuosly owned a FinnFire Range and though it was pretty accurate (11mm edge to edge, 15rd group at 105mtrs) the CZs are every bit as accurate. Have had the Varmit 22lr, a Style and now have the supermatch XII.
    The Varmit was a cracking BR gun... 25 mtrs, 250 23/24x gun on my best days. Feed them with Ely match...look for low velocity rounds and if you can shoot....give anyone a run for their money.
    With the wooden stocked CZ some work is needed to free up some space in the barrell channel.....and of course a trigger mod.....but otherwise equal in all respects.

Some people reckon the CZ barrells are choked when built.....dunno how true this is.....met one guy who reckoned his american went off after a few thousand rounds.....but he's the only one I've heard make the claim...any others it was just hearsay.

Can't argue the accuracy of the Sako though.....but for what you get I'd go for the CZ.

Vinnie

Vinniew wrote: »
    With the wooden stocked CZ some work is needed to free up some space in the barrell channel.....and of course a trigger mod.....but otherwise equal in all respects.
    Vinnie

Can you tell me more about the trigger mod?

myself and others got a yodave trigger kit do a search on hear, plenty of info:)

STA73444.jpg

Your only a bitch.;):p

Hello all,

Looking for opinions on this rifle from any owners out there. Thanks.

K

Kelly read the posts here!!!!
    Why get the Lux model when you can get a different CZ 22lr model??????

My CZ style.
    CZStylewithnewstock3.jpg
    CZStylewithnewstock2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Johnny_Coyle

these lads seem to like it
    http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=120814
    scroll down...

clivej wrote: »
    Kelly read the posts here!!!!
    Why get the Lux model when you can get a different CZ 22lr model??????

I'm being offered one at a very good price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Vinniew

Can you tell me more about the trigger mod?

John Greene did mine for pennies.....brooks trigger kit.......now mine was set up for bench shooting so not suitable for anything else....polished up the internals too so it was amazing...

Some CZ owners also do the mod at home.....snipping off a turn or two of the original spring......not a great idea...

If you get anything from CZ with a wooden stock u have to open the barrell channel a bit more......a dowel of suitable size and sand paper takes care of this.

If you want to go for bench....the varmit works perfectly well...forestock is a bit wider than the lux, american etc. too. similar price but more suited to the task......6.5 scope mag qualifies it for sporter rifle and fix anything else glasswise (go for min 25x up to 36x)and you can enter custom class.....and win.

UKBR22 have a detailed account of making an unlimited gun from a varmit....beautifully finished rifle.

Sporter is great fun.....lots of 1710 Annies and Sakos.....some CZs too.

U also mentioned gallery rifle... buying a ruger..bottomless money pit!!!!
    Standard ruger aint competitive and the skys the limit on how much u spend on mods.

Seen quite a few from the uk...shop prepped....and ****e. Actions binding, failing extractions.....buy an Olympic Arms....factory ready competition.

Vinnie...low boredom threshold

I got the stock from John Greene in Waterford and he has more coming in. Try Jim Griffin in Rahan he might be getting them in also.

Sako's are lovely rifles and a smige more accurate than the CZ's.

Trigger kit here for CZ's

http://cgi.ebay.ie/CZ-452-BRNO-No-2-4-and-5-trigger-kit_W0QQitemZ160413357777QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item25596196d1

Clives stock is as sweet as a nut too :)

• Advertisement

STA73444.jpg
    Love the stock,BS:cool:.Seen them down at John Greens a few months ago .

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Beretta man

Does anyone have his number please....

John Greene,(0863554425)(051881945)

Advertisement