Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection MOnitoring software

Options
  • 31-03-2010 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi People,

Have done a few searches and was just wondering can someone tell me if there is software out there that monitors and records all connections made to remote pc's be it http or any other form of connection... I want to be able to look at a log for yesterday say, and see what connection my computer made, for example, Anti virus update and website visits..

Anyone has any info would be greatly appreciated

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Depending on your router, it should keep a log. Any with wrt software should have this. Depending on the make and model of the router you might be able to just update the firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Anti wrote: »
    Depending on your router, it should keep a log. Any with wrt software should have this. Depending on the make and model of the router you might be able to just update the firmware.

Many thanks for the swift reply, i have a cisco router... Im not familiar enough to know if it would keep a log, i would assume my computer would keep a log of every connection made.... or if not third party tools might, like say for instance, windows update, when its updating, log the ip of the server ur recieving the updates from, maybe, possibly, or am I asking too much lol??

Cheers :)
    Dave

Advertisement